What's new

Your all time favorite guitar solo is?? (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I find myself wanting to jam on my air guitar every single time this awesome solo comes on the radio/Spotify. :)

My Sharona guitar solo:

Last edited:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Impossible question.

I'd have to go with Crazy Train, partly because it was playing in the OR when my son was born. :)

I'll offer one example just slightly off the beaten path, though (the solo runs from around 4:20-8:20 in this rendition):

Especially the guitar/keyboard unison section at 5:54. And, OK, there's a mini bass solo in there too. So sue me. :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Tough to pick only one, but if I had to, the guitar solo by The Edge in the U2 song "The Fly" - the combination of his uniquely expressive playing and guitar effects is truly something. The best way I can describe it is that I almost hear colors when I listen to it.

For more traditional solos, I'd pick Lindsey Buckingham's from the Fleetwood Mac song "I'm So Aftaid" - somehow you can just hear every emotion and thought in the playing.

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh
Contained herein...along with a pretty stonking piano solo also.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Hard to pick one solo as there are so many great guitar players that bring different things to the table. Here's a song that is basically all solo and unique for the way he plays...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's not exactly a solo but Charlie Byrd and Laurendo Almeida have this wonderful acoustic version of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina."

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian

Guitar solo is 2:38-3:20. It's not flashy or technically virtuosic but it has soul and groove and texture and mood and all of the phrasing in between that makes for a good solo! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks