What's new

You KNOW you are too in to Home theater when... (1 Viewer)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor

Funny you mention that.

I just bought my first house....very small 2 bedroom house. It was exactly what I wanted though.....small house, big garage, big yard and out in the country.

I almost didn't buy it because the living room was so small. 12.5'w x 10'.... (eek)
Before I moved in the very first thing we did was knock out a bedroom wall & made the two bedroom a one bedroom with a 12.5w x 18.5' living room.

So...

You KNOW you are too in to Home theater when......you will depreciate the value of your house several thousands of dollars so you will have proper room for a HT setup. : )

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
You KNOW you are too in to Home theater when...

you look at a gorgeous sunset and think "This would look so cool in HD!"

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson

im looking at my collection now and think the same thing what was i thinking when i bought Tanyas Island....must of been Vanity...

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
You start mentally altering the colour balance and contrast on the view out of your window.

The mention of the word 'criterion' automatically increases your heartrate.

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
You know you are too into home theater when...

- You get upset when a friend buys the wrong HTiB setup. (Am I ever guilty of this one... :))
- You go to a million-dollar model home and laugh at the inadequate HT setup installed by the builder.
- You refuse to watch a movie or TV show at a friend's house because they don't have at least 5.1.
- You go to a concert (acoustic, not amplified) and think your HT sounds better than live musicians.
- You choose a vendor, supplier, or employer based on the quality of the flat-screen TV in the lobby.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Way back in the late 1990s, I was looking out my kitchen window and my eyes were being tricked by the window screen. I actually thought to myself that this interlacing artifact is getting old. Really.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
If you lay in bed and stare at the windows and doors in your bedroom wondering what their aspect ratio is, you might be a...

If you look at tail or head lights and think, hey, that would make a neat tweeter / midrange configuration for your new diy speaker , you might be a...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
You KNOW you are too in to Home theater when...
You see a trailer for a movie (that's coming out next year) and you immediately start wondering about the DVD specs and what it's going to include.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks