What's new

You KNOW you are too in to Home theater when... (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
You admire the lack of EE when you look at the skyline on a bright day..
You actually SEE EE when you look at the skyline on a bright day!
You notice "combing" in real life...!
You comment on the lack of good surround sound outdoors...
You sneakliy tweak friend's and relatives HT settups when they're not around...

Please feel free to add! Let's keep it going....

:) d

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Your garage/shed, which used to be full of old car parts and sporting equipment, is now full of old (and not so old) avr's, speakers, dvd players, etc. because you can't stop buying more and more stuff!

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
While watching a movie at your local Movie Theater you go up to the projection room to show the guy how to focus the projector and turn up its brightness.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
When buying a house the only criteria you have is it must have a room that is at least 12x18.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ooooo! I just ran into this very situation a few days ago and was laughing to myself, so this thread is perfect to share it...Here's my "I'm too into HT" quip:

You KNOW you are too in to Home theater when...
Your local radio station is running a contest where the "Grand Prize" is a 42" plasma TV, and you...

A) ...have a bigger and better TV at home...(I guess I could put it in the bedroom)

and/or

B) ...start thinking "BURN IN! BURN IN! I don't want a plasma TV!!!"...(maybe I could exchange it for an LCD)

:D

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
You move out of your old one bedroom apartment and into a much larger two bedroom apartment, only you take the smaller guest room for the master bedroom and leave the much bigger room open for your new HT.

Can't afford to buy a house yet, but when I was looking for a new apartment I turned down probably 30 different locations because none had a decent room, living room or otherwise, that could support a 110" front projection system.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
When your significant other sees what you and others are writing in this thread and just shakes their head, and then mutters, "You geeks..." under her breath!!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

Hehehe, I was looking at apartments the other day and came to the exact same conclusion. "I'll be sleeping in a matchbox, but at least I can fit a 10 foot screen in the HT!"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You know you are too into Home Theater when...

...you spend unpaid and untold hours each week compiling a comparative pricing list of new DVD releases to post on a home theater website.

Talk about getting looks from your wife! :laugh:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
You you know exactly what everyone (here) is thinking when they look at this picture. ;)

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
When DVDs were first introduced you bought any crappy release just to have something to play.

I still look at my collection and ask "what was I thinking?" when I bought the Hallmark Special of "Merlin".

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

What's that?

"Honey, we needed a new home theater anyway. And, if we do it my way, dedicating a room to it, we can install a lock on the door."

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
When you are secretly happy when the weather is bad outside, so you can spend all day watching movies.

When a friend shows you an ulstrasound video of their unborn baby and all you can think is "this would look better in HD".

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I think that could be a whole other thread. I've been rearranging my place, which means emptying the bookcases and moving things around and I look at some of those cases and it's like... ???

Demolition Man? WTF!!!???? :laugh:

Joe

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
...or, when you've bought SO many DVD's that you end up buying crappy releases because you're jonesing to buy SOMETHING new!!!!

Here's another example that I recently ran into:
You have one of those "Buy 5/Get One Free" DVD mail-in coupons and you own almost all of the 'free' DVD's (from the list), so you end up settling for "Cody Banks" :D

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
You wish that the world was letterboxed so you can see the entire picture!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
You have to explain why having 6.1 (at least!) is important. I just went through this last week. "Why do you need another speaker back there?"
"To fill in and smooth out the surround stage!" (I actually said this too....)

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks