What's new

Directors You favorite "The Far Side" cartoon strip... (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Thought I'd revive an oldie since I was walking around in a book store one day.
I still like "Edgar finds his purpose" one. :laugh:

BryanZ

Screenwriter
I love this one: Two fisherman are out on a lake. Nuclear blast takes place. One fisherman says to the other, "I’ll tell you what this means, Norm — no size restrictions and screw the limit."

My favorite shows a view from inside of a cockpit looking out. The captain saying to the FO "what's a mountain goat doing way up hear". Picture shows a goat in the middle of clouds. Cracks me up everytime.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
The rooster stared back at me, his power and confidence almost overwhelming. Down below, a female paused warily at the coop's entrance. I kept the camera running. They were beautiful, these "Chickens in the Mist."

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
My favorite: "We're gettin' old, Jake."

(two dogs sitting on a porch, not chasing the cat/mailman)

CAkaydeegirl

Auditioning
Real Name
Karin Diaz
I too miss the Far Side and especially the "Boneless Chicken Farm". When I first saw it I remember I laughed so hard - I will only eat boneless chickens!! *lol* :cool:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
John Thomas said:
The 'gifted' kid pushing on the door that says 'pull', trying to enter a school for the gifted. The best ones are those without words or captions. THe picture tells the story.
------------------
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. -Franklin D. Roosevelt.
My Top 10 of 2000 My Top 10 of 2001
This is probably my favorite one of all. A guy I worked with had it pinned to the outside of his cubicle and to this day I still laugh when I think about it.
It shows how timeless some of his comics can be, don't know when the comic first appeared, but the post I'm quoting is 11 years old.

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
Leona Helmsley meets The Three Stooges - showing Moe Larry and Curly shown doing some work in her house and making a complete mess of things. I had that cut out and hanging on my refrigerator for years.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Denward said:
It's a shame these guys get tired of doing these strips. I also miss Calvin and Hobbes.
I think we all miss those strips, but I commend Larson and Watterson for knowing when to quit. Charles Schulz kept churning out Peanuts long after it had sunk into vapidity.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
RobertR said:
I think we all miss those strips, but I commend Larson and Watterson for knowing when to quit. Charles Schulz kept churning out Peanuts long after it had sunk into vapidity.
Excellent comment Robert. Certain things just need to come to an end, rather than getting worse and fading away slowly as the fans lose interest and the authors put out lower quality material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.