What's new

YMDB.com - Fun for Movie Nerds (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Signor Ernesto's top movie list is a lot more animated than most I've seen.

My tip Ernest get rid of 'Mars and Beyond' (a documentary) and replace it with 'Spirited Away' or 'Wings of Honneamise'.:) :emoji_thumbsup:

And Rob P S wants the world to know that he has 'Fellowship of the Ring' in his worst movie list, ho and erm hum. ;)

Here's my slightly updated top 20 list, after the top 3 the rest are really in no particular order. I wish it were a top 50, I left out a whole bunch of equally loved favorites.

http://www.ymdb.com/user_top20_view.asp?usersid=4361

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"Signor Ernesto's top movie list is a lot more animated than most I've seen."

That's because it is a list of my favorite animated movies. It even says so at the bottom: 'my favorite animated films'.

"My tip Ernest get rid of 'Mars and Beyond' (a documentary) and replace it with 'Spirited Away' or 'Wings of Honneamise'."

a) Documentaries are movies.
b) If either Spirited Away or Wings were among my 20 favorite animated films, I would list them. It's not supposed to be your choices for "the best" films of all time, just your favorites. Neither are among my 20 favorites. I'd add Totoro before Spirited Away or Wings, but then, I'd add Spirited Away and Wings ahead of Ghost in the Shell and any of the modern Disney films. :)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"hey Ernest--check out who's "WORST MOVIES LIST" most closely matches up with your Worst list."

Great minds - you know the rest.

Andrew Priest

Stunt Coordinator
I'd add Totoro before Spirited Away or Wings, but then, I'd add Spirited Away and Wings ahead of Ghost in the Shell and any of the modern Disney films.
So you've seen Wings of Honneamise then? Wow, I'd love to sometimes hear your thoughts on the film. Both because I've always respected your thoughts on any animation, and because I recommended you the film so very long ago now.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
but then, I'd add Spirited Away and Wings ahead of Ghost in the Shell and any of the modern Disney films
What?! That's pretty much blasphemous coming from you Ernest, didn't you do a thesis on 'Lilo & Stich' a couple of months ago, or was it something I ate? :D

Just messin' with ya, a good list, a bit two-dimensional but a lot of favorites there, oh and 'Mars & Beyond' is still the odd one out, not being a movie and all...;)

Mr.Winky, stay! :)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
My top 20 -- click here.

I've used my "worst" list as a continuation of my best list so don't go thinking I hate a bunch of great films.

My affinity scores are really low, which is not a surprise considering how many "art" films I have in there, not to mention that three of my choices are shorts and I wouldn't be surprised if I am the only guy on the YMDB to list shorts.

18 of my top 20 are on DVD, and one of the two that isn't (Star Wars) is coming very soon. That only leaves one: Chet's Romance -- a gorgeous cinemascope B&W short of Chet Baker performing one tune, live.

My list represents eight decades, six countries/languages and a whole bunch of films you have never seen :) (and a few you have).

Ted

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Ted, I was prepared for the worst, but I've seen 10 of your top 40, not bad.
And you will get a chance to see more as they become available on English subtitled DVDs :) For instance All the Boys Are Called Patrick was just released by Criterion (on their A Woman is a Woman DVD) as well as in the UK on shorts compilation DVD. I suspect that the Rivette films, which include my number 1 Celine and Julie Go Boating will be out with English subs this year.

Ted

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Thanks for the comments, Scott. :) Looking forward to seeing White Chicks show up on your worst list.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Am I the only one who judges a person by their favorite movies? :) My list is in my sig so that you may gauge my worth as a human being.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I can accept that. :):emoji_thumbsup: I bet 5% of the horrendous is Do the Right Thing -- what's the other 5%?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I need to build multiple different lists.. top 20 drama, sci-fi, comedy, etc.. too bad they don't provide for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks