What's new

YMDB.com - Fun for Movie Nerds (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Pretty nice list Scott. While our films are obviously very different, I really like 11 of your top 20 a lot. Interestingly, I like 9 of your top 10, but only 2 of your next 10. :)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
interesting list scott, I only have a 6.58 affinity with the top twenty, but I love a lot of them that just can't quite fit into the to twenty (or thirtyfive). I have to say that as soon as I get my Miller's Crossing DVD it will probably knock Thin Man off the list (that's not to say it will land at number twenty either). And I have no Lord of the Rings because I'm just going to put the whole dang series somewhere in my top five as one movie.

I have my list up as well, I believe I discovered the site from George's sig as well. :D

if you want to try to add another ten or fifteen films you can in your comments bar, I was able to squeeze in another 15 with the 250 characters (including spaces) they allow.

and for those that have signatures disabled, my top 20 35 movies

hopefully they'll allow they option of thirty or fifty films in the future, they did a poll a while back and fifty was the most popular choice of how many films to allow I believe.

Affinity with:
Scott: 6.58
George: 18.77
Brian: 7.02
Matthew: 2.72
Dome: 12.72
Nick: 7.00
Chris: 12.97
Thomas: 0.00
Simon: 8.43
Ocie: 9.62
Evan: 18.21
DaveGR: 5.25
Steve: 9.28
LennyP: 0.00
JeremyA: 4.38
RobPS: 4.3
JustinS: 0.00
JeremyC: 3.13
MarkP: 11.39
KirkT: 15.52
JasonW: 7.42
AndyO: 0.00
RichardS: 8.20
NathanA: 7.25
Kristian: 5.94
John Dhein: 5.73
John^Lal: 14.08
Wes C: 5.25

Adam

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I've got one up too :)

affinity with

Adam S. = 7.02%
Simon M. = 4.91%
Nick S. = 4.73%
Dome V. = 4.24%
George K. = 3.49%
Scott W.= 1.78%
David GR = 1.78%
Evan C. = 1.16%
Chris A. = 0.49%
Andy S. = 0.49%
OcieB = 0.00%
Matthew C. = 0.00%

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'll hop on the bandwagon. It seems a cool idea. I'm curious to see how I match up with the other more obscure lists. :)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I finally finished my list, just check my sig. I'd like to hear your comments, both positive and negative concerning the thing. :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
All great. But seriously - like anyone's gonna have Ernest Scared Straight or Another 48 Hrs. on their list. :laugh:

Be sure to stop back when you've finished the list, so's we'all kin check em out.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
These things take way too long to complete... and then there's always another 10 you feel guilty about not including....and then theres the actual order of the 20 films. Aside from my top 2, most of these could change position...

Its just such hard work:D

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Well, I went ahead and registered. Listing is in no particular order. I wonder if I'll ever update my list...

Oh, and it appears that I'm the only person on the entire site that put Hard Boiled on my list. No love for John Woo? Damn.

My list

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Mine's done!

Sorta gummed up the works listing my #1 as "The Star Wars Saga" instead of individual titles (only ESB and ANH would've made the Top 20). I've been listing them like that for years though, so why stop now? :)

Surprisingly, I've only two post-1990 films on my list, both Spielberg WWII films. Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Edition (NOT the theatrical cut) came close, and I guess technically AOTC and TPM count as well, being part of "The Star Wars Saga."

Affinities:

26.11% with Chris. Excellent selection of the highly underrated OHMSS. Affinity would be even closer with me rewording Star Wars

25.94% with The Domester, and that's even with my messing around with the Star Wars titling. Excellent list, except maybe Pulp Fiction.

25.36 with Nick. Great list, though, like Dome, shame about Pulp Fiction. ;)

Just 18.28% with George, even though there's not a film on his list that would get below four stars from me

18.21% with Adam, despite the great list.

13.55% with Ocie. I like the list a lot, though I'm not a fan of his #1 or #3.

Only 10.87% with Scott. The blame rests with him for including Moulin Rouge!, The Thing, and the Fincher films. :)

1.16% with Brian, but in truth he's got a great list (haven't seen his #1 though)

I've no affinity with Senor Chmiel, thank the maker. ;) Dawn of the Dead, Brazil, Almost Famous, Clerks, Chasing Amy, and Ferris Bueller are great though.

Zero also with Simon, but that's on my end due to my Star Wars wording. A.I., E.T., and both LOTR are great too.

This took a longo-o time-o.

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks