Yet another total newbie looking for suggestions.

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Chris Zuck, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Chris Zuck

Chris Zuck Auditioning

My current home theater consists of a Sony Playstaion 2 and a Philips 20PS40S.

Yay me. What I am looking for is a basic setup in a 12'x12' room. I am saving up cash and want a 16:9 TV so my DVDs look nice. Something less than 40" would be perfect. As time progress and I get more income I'll expand into getting a nice speaker setup and reciever, etc.

The DVD player I am going to upgrade to is the LiteOn LVD-2001. It has a bunch of features I like like the ability to play SVCDs and VCDs. I know a lot of Apex players can do that but my parents have an Apex 1200 and it chokes on parts of my FOTR Extended edition DVD Appendices discs.

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

It might help us, if you could give an indication of your current (or first) budget. There's really so much to choose from [​IMG].

Cees

3. Chris Zuck

Chris Zuck Auditioning

Well, I am thinking around $1500-2000 for a nice tv.

4. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

I know you said less than 40", but the 43" Sony 16:9 HDTV compatible RPTV's are within your price range.

5. Chris Zuck

Chris Zuck Auditioning

I've also been drooling over Boltz tv stands. They are pricey but I like the look of them and that is part of the reason why I decided on the tv specs I posted. If there is a better solution please let me know. Thanks.