What's new

Yet another SVS question....... (1 Viewer)

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've haven't posted in quite awhile, but now that I am going to get my tax return it's time to ask some questions.

My living (HT) room is 18'x16'x8'. I have planned on jumping on the SVS bandwagon for quite awhile now. What would you guys suggest for a room with those dimentions?

I am definately interested in getting true reference level bass, and over this past Christmas I found that I actually did like a little organ music.

I was thinking of a pair of 16-46cs's but I just want to get some opinions of people that are much more of an expert than I am. Thanks for the help.......Wil

gene avallon

Stunt Coordinator
I have two 46plus room size about same size as yours.I can run at reference on any dvd.115db plus,ausome. get two and you never have to worry.
gene:)

John Doran

Screenwriter
since you neither mentioned how much are you looking to spend nor did you ask what you "needed" for a room that size, i'm going to say (perhaps unhelpfully)...

cs-ultra's....

go big or go home, i guess.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Will, if money is not an issue, go with 8 cs-ultras:)
If money is an issue, I think a person could get by with one,,I listen LOUD and only had one for a year..that is untill recently...2 SVS subs = one pissed off wife:D

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, I suppose I should have said a price. I'm looking not to spend more than $1500. As far as what I 'need' that's why I was asking everyone's opinion about the pair of 16-46cs's, to see if that's what would be good for my 'needs'.

If anyone has a better recomendation within that price range I am open to suggestions......Wil

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Wil,
If you want to be able to really *feel* the deepest(16-17hz)pipe organ CDs...the 46s may be the way to go. Twin 16-46s/S700(these obviously include the new drivers that RAF is talking about :) ) would do the job wonderfully. However, a pair of 20-39CS+/S1000 would be $1499...and they would allow you to easily retune them(by blocking one of the three ports) down to the 16hz range---great for pipe organs! And the rest of the time, you could leave all 3 ports open...and get some *serious* air movement in your room with DVD playback.
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks