What's new

Yellow Pages In My Pocket! (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
One the way to dinner, stopped by a Radio Shack in the same strip mall. Oops... the place is closed (as in, out of business... it was a franchise store). So, while seated at the restaurant, out came the iPhone. Fired up Maps and typed "Radio Shack San Diego, CA" in the search field. About 15 seconds later, little pins started dropping in all over the map of the county. Found the next closest one to where we were at and touched it to bring up the phone number and address. Another touch and I was connected to the store. Oops... they closed at 8pm (voice recording). Saved me a wasted trip running over there.

That's the Yellow Pages In My Pocket right there!! (And Street Atlas too, now that I think about it!)

I love this phone!!

Mark

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yes this is a great feature.

i have noticed that in my area maps ore as much as 7 years out of date.

there is a 7-11 around the corner that was built 7 years ago.still is an empty lot on iMaps.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Tony, I believe Google has a way you can submit errors/requests for current information in a particular area.

I'm sure there's a very long list, but at least it gets their attention.

and of course, this is a mapping error, not an iPhone error.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i've done that.
there is a Giant supermarket near us that has been there over 2 years and the 7-11 thing.
still not on the map.

i also checked the new stadiums in south philly.
the photo was taken within a week of the vet being knocked down.

that being said, i love the imap look up thing on the iphone.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
With Verizon, I was paying $1.49 per call (411) to get a number I didn't already have. On average, I used 411 about 4 times per month. That's $6 per month that I'm NOT spending with my iPhone, effectively making the data plan just $14 per month.

Mark

jss8422

Grip
Real Name
Jordan Schwall
Truly amazing. Now if only the prices on these bad boys come down a little...

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
An iPhone isn't any more expensive than any other Smartphone. In fact, the iPhone is LESS expensive than most Smartphones. You see, the price of the iPhone is not subsidized in the monthly service fees. iPhone voice/data plans are at least $20/month less expensive than a similar plan for other Smartphones. So, at the end of a 2-year period, the iPhone ends up costing you less.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks