Yamaha RX-Z9 (delayed Shipment)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Gene_K, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Gene_K

Gene_K Auditioning

I don't know if this is true or not. I ordered the RX-Z9 about a month ago thinking it was going to be released in November (just like the web site says) but the dealer that I ordered it from keeps telling me "any day now". So, after awhile with still no receiver, I decided to call yamaha myself and sure enough... the guy told me that none of them have been shipped off because right at the last minute, THX came out with a new sound format and they wanted to put it in the Z9 before they shipped it off. Have any of you heard anything about that. All I know is I'm sitting here with no Z9 that is bought and payed for and I'm running out of patience. But I'm sure it will be worth the wait!!

SSgt Kay -- USAF

2. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Supporting Actor

mixed feelings, huh?

i mean, it would be bad of them to not add a new function right before shipping if it was an important one...

be happy that it didnt get shipped to you without it, cause then you would want an upgrade...

similar problem happened with outlaw and the 950...

Rich

3. Gus Donis

Gus Donis Auditioning

I saw the receiver today at my local Hi-Fi store(Bjorns Audio and Video). Yammy came in and gave a demo of the RX-Z9. Apparently, Bjorns A&V stated that the RX-Z9 shipped today and would be in the store this week!!!
    I am still debating whether or not to buy it. $4500.00 is alot of cash even though I never pay retail. I am assuming I could talk them down to at least $3800.00.