What's new

Not Getting Sound from my Yamaha RX-V685 (please help) (1 Viewer)

Kababayan

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
I just hooked up my Yamaha rx-v685 and I am not getting any sound from the speakers. I can play music from my laptop through the receiver so I am presuming that my tv and receiver aren't communicating with each other. Any help is greatly appreciated. For sake of brevity and format, I'll list below some pertinent information:

- I am presuming that my receiver's HDMI is not enabled (as was suggested in the owner's manual).
- My Yamaha remote control does not have a set-up button, which is how I am supposed to enable the HDMI (as was suggested in the manual). It is the factory remote.
- The HMDI icons do not appear on the face of the receiver, which I think is supposed to happen when the HDMI is working (as suggested by the owner's manual). I do have the HDMI cable installed in the HDMI1 port (as suggested by the owner's manual.
- I have a 10 year old Panasonic Viera 55 Plasma tv that it is hooked up to. The tv is set to run sounds through external speakers.
- I am using a new HDMI cable installed to the HDMI Arc plug on my tv (the sounds works when I install it to my sound-bar)
- I am unable to get the Yamaha set-up menu to show up on my tv. I was hoping that I can enable the HDMI through that menu.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm sure that it's just a quick "click the right button" thing. Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks