What's new

Yamaha rx-v2200/HK pa 2000 (1 Viewer)

Ken Singh

Auditioning
Hello,
Just went out and got the yamaha receiver through good advice on HTF !
I also ordered the PA 2000 ( got a great deal) and now I am trying to figure out the best way to utilize these two pieces of equipment.(I am new to this so please forgive my ignorance)

I want to run a standard 6.1 set up and have 2 sets of speakers able to run the same source if chosen. ie, a party running music with the the pair in the dining room and the ones on the deck as well if required.

What is the best method? Here are my initial ideas:
I cant reassign the Yamaha amps so my mains will have to run on the yamaha amps so, do I split the zone 2 into two sets and run the PA 2000 in 4x45 mode and can I control the volume from the HK for each set of speakers individually and turn off one pair as needed? Can I utilize the A/B switch to any benefit on this ? Can I bridge the amp to run the fronts and then have the B speakers work at the same time?
Any other combinations make sense? Please feel free to let me know your best options and how I actully would configure this.

thx
KS

Ken Singh

Auditioning
Bump, I really need some info from Yamaha users as I want to set this up this weekend. Please take a moment.

thx
KS

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
sigh, I looked at the manuals for the 2200 and PA 2000 and all I can suggest is to CAREFULLY follow the Yahama Zone 2 outlet path connections a/c to the manual. It appears to require use of an IR control for the second zone, and Yamaha may have supplied this in the box.

The HK can run 4 speakers or bridged for two, your choice. I dont follow: "split the Zone 2 into two sets."

You may already have tried configurations, but again be careful in the connections and make sure volume levels are down when powering up just in case. If you can get what you want a/c the manual, you can experiment later when there's no "party" pressure.

A/B so far as I know runs two separate speaker sets off the Yamaha's amps but only one set at a time, not figuring the HK in Zone 2.

Yamaha's 5-Channel Stereo or 6 if offered is a good mode for the main room for party music.

g'luck

bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks