What's new

Yamaha DSP (1 Viewer)

NadeemF

Auditioning
i own a Yamaha DSP amp which recommends the use of seven channels (7:1). Could you share your experience, if any.
Thanks.
NF:)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Welcome Nadeem to the HTF.
I am moving your thread to the Receivers/Separates/Pre-amps/Pre-Pros section. You will get a better response to your question there.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to the Forum, Nadeem!

I’ve been Yamaha’s 7-channel systems for 8 years now, and I love it. The extra front speakers add a lot to the soundfield effects. I went without them for a period (i.e., using the standard 5-speaker set-up), and it made a significant difference. I was happy to get the extra speakers back.

Yamaha has specific placement preferences for the front effects speakers, but I have found placement to be forgiving. I don’t have mine as high or as far behind the front mains as Yamaha recommendations, but it sounds great in spite of that.

Go for it. I’m sure you’ll like it.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
My personal opinion, is that Yamaha DSP algorythms in general are quite top notch.

I personally liked the sound fields of the Yamaha RX-V793 receiver I had a while ago (Dolby Digital only, *before* DTS...), better than that of the Sony TA-E9000ES pre amp/processor I have now.

I only ever used a 5.1 set up though.

If only Yammie would do a pre/pro...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks