What's new

Yamaha 600W 5.1 System (1 Viewer)

Christien

Auditioning
I just bought a new Samsung 30" DynaFlat HD from BB. Couldn't beat the financing or the price.

I am thinking of buying this audio system for my new TV. Audio hardware is not my expertise, so your advice is appreciated. I will have the following hooked up to it:
TV, DVD player, VOOM, PS2 and G4 laptop for MP3s. Do I have the proper/enough inputs in the receiver? Also keep in mind that this is going in my bedroom (fairly spacious)...not looking to knock the walls down...just an above average experience.

I can't post URL's yet, but it's on Best Buy's website. Yamaha 600W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System - Silver
Model: YHT-150

Thanks
C

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
While I do like Yamaha receivers, I'm not too impressed with the "all in one" HTIB systems.

If you're looking for an "above aveage" experience, it will be kind of hard to achieve from an HTIB system. Is there possibly a way that you could expand your budget a bit more over the $500 HTIB level? This would open up a lot of options where you could get above average performance at some pretty good prices.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I'd start with a strong set of stereo speakers with a surround sound receiver, and go from there.

Gau

Stunt Coordinator
thats exacly what i did. started with a pair of good speakers (paradigm mini-monitors $388) and a surround sound receiver (yamaha htr-5740 $299)
i will add more peakers etc along the way... maybe even months from now but the base system is quite solid for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks