What's new

Yaaah, I got a Crown DC 300A II (1 Viewer)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
I just won it on ebay, i paid 185, shipping is still uundecided, it is in its own rack mount enclouser. It is in emaculant condition.

I plan on using it to drive a new set of mains, that i will be building this summer, i am looking at Kit 281s or a version of Pis loudspeakers.

but untill then i might just hook up my tempest to it and see if i notice any differance over my PE 250w plate amp.

I just wanted to share the great news.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Congratulations on your purchase Allen. You just can't go wrong with Crown amps! These puppies usually retail out for around 350-400 dollars and the pawn shops usually pay around the price you paid for a good used one so I'd say you did good.Let us know how it sounds when you get it.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor

It came, and so did I :D

this thing is freaking heavy as a mofo. 45 pounds doesn't sound to bad, but when it is in such a small package it really supprises you.

Anyway i currently have it hooked up to my iPod, due to the voltage diff in pro amps and comsumers i need to turn it up a bit to get some volume out of it, even with the ipod maxed out. But this is tempory i will eventually get a better reciver with pre outs and use this on my mains, or i might build another sub, a better one for music, but its all still up in the air.

I do want to make a nice rack mount system so i can put my BFD and the Crown in one unit but thats a long ways down the road.

anyways I thought you guys would like the update

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks