Yaaah, I got a Crown DC 300A II

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Allen Ross, May 26, 2003.

1. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

I just won it on ebay, i paid 185, shipping is still uundecided, it is in its own rack mount enclouser. It is in emaculant condition.

I plan on using it to drive a new set of mains, that i will be building this summer, i am looking at Kit 281s or a version of Pis loudspeakers.

but untill then i might just hook up my tempest to it and see if i notice any differance over my PE 250w plate amp.

I just wanted to share the great news.

2. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

Congratulations on your purchase Allen. You just can't go wrong with Crown amps! These puppies usually retail out for around 350-400 dollars and the pawn shops usually pay around the price you paid for a good used one so I'd say you did good.Let us know how it sounds when you get it.

3. Allen Ross

i will, along with many pic from multipul angles,

documentation is key [​IMG]

4. Allen Ross

[​IMG]

It came, and so did I [​IMG]

this thing is freaking heavy as a mofo. 45 pounds doesn't sound to bad, but when it is in such a small package it really supprises you.

Anyway i currently have it hooked up to my iPod, due to the voltage diff in pro amps and comsumers i need to turn it up a bit to get some volume out of it, even with the ipod maxed out. But this is tempory i will eventually get a better reciver with pre outs and use this on my mains, or i might build another sub, a better one for music, but its all still up in the air.

I do want to make a nice rack mount system so i can put my BFD and the Crown in one unit but thats a long ways down the road.

anyways I thought you guys would like the update