What's new

XV-S60 and XV-S65GD (1 Viewer)

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
I know it was asked before, and it was said that the xv-s60 and xv-s65gd were the same player only a different color. I was looking on pricegrabber.com and found that the xvs60 is $222 while the xvs65gd is $207. If they are the same player, why are they a differnt price. I have found that usually the "colored" players are more expensive then the plain black ones, so why is this reversed?
I also noticed that the descriptions given are differnt, but I doubt that means any thing. Im just concerned with the price difference. Any ideas?

BobPeck

Agent
I don't understand this either. . . . but there's yet another JVC S60 out there:
I went into Sears and I saw yet another XV-S60BK. . . I think it was the XV-S62SL in Silver. I actually sorta liked the color (it would go with my Phase Linear) but Sears is the only one who I know who carries it. . . .

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
This is kinda odd. Are we sure they are all the same player?
wink.gif

Anyway, I saw something else while at the SPot. Someone said that their Yamaha reciever and JVC 723 were not compatiable causing poor audio. I have a Yammy RX-V1000 reciever and hoping to get a XV-S65GD, will I run into audio problems? What kind of audio quality should I expect to get?
Thanks

Rick_L

Grip
Hi Andy
The XV-S60BK, XV-S62SL and the XV-S65GD are all the same players. The only difference is in the colors.
The only explanation I can give for the price difference is that the black tends to be the most popular.

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
I was pretty sure they were all the same players, but $20 or so difference for a more common color didnt add up to me. Oh well, Im not picky so Ill just get whatever color is the cheapest!
wink.gif
Actually I havent even heard of the silver model, only the black and gold, ill have to check into that.
Anyone have any ideas on my other post yet? :)

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
Where did you guys see the XV-S62SL? I ran it through pricescan, mysimon, pricegrabber, and dealtime and none of them found a match.

BobPeck

Agent
Sears for the Silver JVC, I was surprised myself trying to figure out JVC's numbering. Gets even more confusing when you change to 7 disc-changer and even more so when you add DVD-A!!!

BobPeck

Agent
Confirmed (just called): Sears has the JVC DVD Player: XV-S62SL for $249.
It's a strong bet it's the same thing as the 60BK and 65GD.

Bob Lewis

Auditioning
I read somewhere the the silver unit was only being sold by Sears. Some kind of deal they made with JVC.

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
Ah, its not important enough to me to get the silver color, seems gold will due just fine since it is the cheapest!
I just checked sears website and they are selling it for $229. Of course you have to add shipping costs.
[Edited last by andy_brehm on October 25, 2001 at 01:11 PM]

Rick_L

Grip
I think the silver is available in Canada. Black and silver were the only options when I bought my XV-S90.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I just picked that 62 up this afternoon. The manual actually includes the 65/60 and 62. It was at $229. I hooked it up to my 65HX81 and so far, I can't see anything "spectacular". I tried the SPR car grill thingy and yes, no moire but is that it?
Also, how come I have to "calibrate" the JVC now? I found it has its own contrast, brightness, etc. Oh well, if that's what I need to do to get the optimal picture, so be it.
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks