XV-S60 and XV-S65GD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by andy_brehm, Oct 24, 2001.

1. andy_brehm

andy_brehm Stunt Coordinator

I know it was asked before, and it was said that the xv-s60 and xv-s65gd were the same player only a different color. I was looking on pricegrabber.com and found that the xvs60 is $222 while the xvs65gd is $207. If they are the same player, why are they a differnt price. I have found that usually the "colored" players are more expensive then the plain black ones, so why is this reversed?
    I also noticed that the descriptions given are differnt, but I doubt that means any thing. Im just concerned with the price difference. Any ideas?

2. BobPeck

BobPeck Agent

I don't understand this either. . . . but there's yet another JVC S60 out there:
    I went into Sears and I saw yet another XV-S60BK. . . I think it was the XV-S62SL in Silver. I actually sorta liked the color (it would go with my Phase Linear) but Sears is the only one who I know who carries it. . . .

3. andy_brehm

This is kinda odd. Are we sure they are all the same player? [​IMG]
    Anyway, I saw something else while at the SPot. Someone said that their Yamaha reciever and JVC 723 were not compatiable causing poor audio. I have a Yammy RX-V1000 reciever and hoping to get a XV-S65GD, will I run into audio problems? What kind of audio quality should I expect to get?
    Thanks

4. Rick_L

Rick_L Extra

Hi Andy
    The XV-S60BK, XV-S62SL and the XV-S65GD are all the same players. The only difference is in the colors.
    The only explanation I can give for the price difference is that the black tends to be the most popular.

5. andy_brehm

I was pretty sure they were all the same players, but $20 or so difference for a more common color didnt add up to me. Oh well, Im not picky so Ill just get whatever color is the cheapest! [​IMG] Actually I havent even heard of the silver model, only the black and gold, ill have to check into that.
    Anyone have any ideas on my other post yet? [​IMG]

6. andy_brehm

Where did you guys see the XV-S62SL? I ran it through pricescan, mysimon, pricegrabber, and dealtime and none of them found a match.

7. BobPeck

BobPeck Agent

Sears for the Silver JVC, I was surprised myself trying to figure out JVC's numbering. Gets even more confusing when you change to 7 disc-changer and even more so when you add DVD-A!!!

8. BobPeck

BobPeck Agent

Confirmed (just called): Sears has the JVC DVD Player: XV-S62SL for $249.
    It's a strong bet it's the same thing as the 60BK and 65GD.

9. Bob Lewis

Bob Lewis Auditioning

I read somewhere the the silver unit was only being sold by Sears. Some kind of deal they made with JVC.

10. andy_brehm

Ah, its not important enough to me to get the silver color, seems gold will due just fine since it is the cheapest!
    I just checked sears website and they are selling it for $229. Of course you have to add shipping costs.
    [Edited last by andy_brehm on October 25, 2001 at 01:11 PM]

11. Rick_L

Rick_L Extra

I think the silver is available in Canada. Black and silver were the only options when I bought my XV-S90.

12. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I just picked that 62 up this afternoon. The manual actually includes the 65/60 and 62. It was at $229. I hooked it up to my 65HX81 and so far, I can't see anything "spectacular". I tried the SPR car grill thingy and yes, no moire but is that it?
    Also, how come I have to "calibrate" the JVC now? I found it has its own contrast, brightness, etc. Oh well, if that's what I need to do to get the optimal picture, so be it.
    ------------------
    Eric Samonte
    Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!