XM Radio over PC (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

I have been using the online XM service, though am greatly disappointed by not having all channels available.

Is anybody using the PC based service? How easy is it to record programming? Pros ? Cons ?

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I listen to XMRadio Online at work, I have no windows. Though I use a third party application to listen, XaMp Desktop (http://xampd.imomo.net/)

I have one issue, my friend has it too, with the XMRO Player, where the pitch shifts down slightly once in a while. It's kind of weird.

Anyway, it is pretty easy to record it with any sound recording program, as long as your sound card supports recording the "Mix Out" or "Wave Out" or whatever your individual card calls it. I use Total Recorder, which allows for scheduling, etc. The XaMp Desktop doesn't time out like XMRO does.

Bromwyn

Auditioning
By PC based do you mean like iTunes radio stations? Because that's what I use and I'm happy with it for the most part especially because I didn't have to buy any additional equipment--but of course like they say "I can't take it with me"

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Yes you can get all of XM's "In-house" channels (so you don't get CNN, Fox News, Air America, stuff like that) are available for online only subsrcibers...

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

XM used to sell a PC based XM tuner.

I found one on ebay and purchased it, will try to hook it up over the weekend.

There is supposively some hack software that will allow you to record any title you select, etc etc.

I really want my Foxs News Channel while in my hotel room!!

Devin U

Second Unit

I cant really look for it right now (Im at work), but there are programs that will let you save any audio stream. I believe this is what people with the XMPCrs do. Check xmfan.com (they have a dedicated XMPCR forum)or xm411 for info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks