What's new

Xbox VGA box (1 Viewer)

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I'm currently running my Xbox, GC, and PS2 to an HD set with component cables through a relatively standard 3-2 selector(Red Green and Blue cables plugged into Red Yellow and White holes). The picture quality is nice, even with progressive scan, and I don't really seem to be losing any sharpness(I think there might be a slight color loss but my eyes may be fooling me).

I was dabbling with Rayman 2 DC on my TVs VGA input though, and there seems to be a world of difference in picture clarity. I think I need to take the plunge and upgrade my Xbox to a VGA connection.

Does anyone know about this box?

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=1533&

I know that the past Redant did some ugly scaling and didn't take an HD signal, but this is listed as a Y Pb Pr box so it seems like it might be able to output true VGA to my HDTV. Anyone have any experience with it?

I also saw the Key Digital converter on IGN, but it's way overpriced just for the sake of being "compatible" with game systems, when any component to VGA transcoder can do the exact same thing.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
C'mon, JamesH, you know that's not a fair comparison - Sega made the DC ahead of its time by natively supporting VGA unlike the more recent consoles, so the VGA adaptor was really really cheap to make.

Ahhhhh, good ol' DC VGA...

Joe michaels

Second Unit
Yes the DC is not a fair comparison. Not to mention the DC Box was $50 when it came out.
The boxes for the PS2/XBOX require a bit more for VGA output.
Basically the picture I saw looks like the same kind of thing as a Redant model.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks