1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

XBOX sales increase 131% since price drop

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChristopherS, Jul 24, 2002.

1. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I *love* being accused of being a Sony fanboi. Nothing could be further from the truth - I try to be cynical, bitter & twisted about ALL the major consoles!

I suppose I do own more games for the PS2 than the XBox (3 vs 1) - does that make me biased?

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

3. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

All I know is I'm hypnotized by that gull dang Dancing Spidey.

4. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

5. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary

6. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

7. BrianB

BrianB Producer

8. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris

9. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

10. Romier S

Romier S Producer

This nonsense needs to stop guys. This thread went from simple conversation to accusations to now just out and out nonsense. Cant there be.....you know what? Fuck it, I give up.

As a note to all others who look at this thread, I'll quote a famous sci-fi trilogy:

"Move along, this isn't the thread you're looking for"

11. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Hmpfh!

12. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

It's true, it's true. I avoid these conversations at HTF now. People here get way too defensive about the Xbox.

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think that every little remark that was against the X-Box and that could be considered fanboy-ish in this thread was either:

a) a blatant joke
    b) just sales data
    c) a prediction

I haven't read any comments in this thread that were serious fanboy remarks. I think people are just getting so sick and tired of fanboys that EVERYTHING in favor of one console or another is considered a fanboy statement, which is absolutely not true.

Oh, something interesting I heard yesterday at the Scooterpalooza party. I was able to get 2 X-Boxes, 7 controllers, 2 TVs, 2 copies of Halo, and an ethernet cable, so you can guess what we did (and I admit that I was having the time of my life, I now LOVE Halo). But the really ironic part was when several HTFers told me they either had an X-Box and got rid of it or were considering an X-Box but decided against it because of the lack of games. Now I find it interesting that people who actually care about HTs a LOT would consider getting rid of a powerful console because they don't have any interest in the games, especially considering how someone before said that the X-Box was the perfect console for HT people.

14. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

Well then why do you (not you specifically JoshF) constantly give XBOX owners something to be constantly defensive about? If you stop spinning and twisting every little positive XBOX statement into a snide, backhanded comment, there's nothing to be defensive about.
    The "real" problem in this case is that some of you want the liberty to say whatever the hell you want whether it's untrue, half-truth, unfounded speculation, or intentionally offensive w/o anyone questioning it - and when they do question it, you immediately label them as being too sensitive, or too defensive. And oftentimes what starts off as a simple discussion turns into a thread like this because of 2 or 3 poorly chosen comments and jokes comparable to lighting a match and starting a firestorm.
    The problem isn't w/ those "defensive about the XBOX", YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. If you want to discuss the XBOX/PS2/GC, discuss it, and leave the childish, snide, petty remarks to yourself. That is the difference between a mature discussion and videogamereview.com

15. walter wagers

BrianB, you may have most of the members of this message board suckerd into thinking that just because you're an "insider", that your snotty remarks have extra merit. But as far as I'm concerned, you just come off like a jerk. In thread after thread, as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow, I know I'll read someone making the mistake of being enthusiastic about something, only to see you come along and piss on their head. Anyone else would get called out on the carpet for it, but since you're some kind of industry big shot, people let your smart ass comments slide. See you when my suspension ends. Or maybe not. You are one of a handful of people here who take the fun out of reading this forum.

16. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

17. BrianB

BrianB Producer

18. walter wagers

I'll take that "I love you too, Walter!" as sarcasm, Brian. If you really loved me, you'd go away. But since you won't, I will. Cheerio!

19. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

20. Romier S

Romier S Producer