What's new

XBOX sales increase 131% since price drop (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I *love* being accused of being a Sony fanboi. Nothing could be further from the truth - I try to be cynical, bitter & twisted about ALL the major consoles!

I suppose I do own more games for the PS2 than the XBox (3 vs 1) - does that make me biased?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
When looking at the amount of shit that we ahve to play. Even looking at the stuff that we can buy to pass our time as gamers. Its amazing. We are in the second golden age of gaming! Enjoy it while it lasts!!
Amen to that, brother! I still get misty-eyed whenever I pull out my old ColecoVision stuff and think about what could have been if it wasn't for that damn E.T. game! Or, maybe it was Journey? Actually, I think it might have been M*A*S*H...

Gary

Joe michaels

Second Unit
Why do the most innocuous threads dealing with the smallest XBOX success stories always attract the same fan-boy responses?
I have to agree. I thought that HTF was devoid of this kind of crap. Oh well, the search for a better gaming forum continues........

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
This nonsense needs to stop guys. This thread went from simple conversation to accusations to now just out and out nonsense. Cant there be.....you know what? Fuck it, I give up.

As a note to all others who look at this thread, I'll quote a famous sci-fi trilogy:

"Move along, this isn't the thread you're looking for"

JoshF

Supporting Actor
It's true, it's true. I avoid these conversations at HTF now. People here get way too defensive about the Xbox.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think that every little remark that was against the X-Box and that could be considered fanboy-ish in this thread was either:

a) a blatant joke
b) just sales data
c) a prediction

I haven't read any comments in this thread that were serious fanboy remarks. I think people are just getting so sick and tired of fanboys that EVERYTHING in favor of one console or another is considered a fanboy statement, which is absolutely not true.

Oh, something interesting I heard yesterday at the Scooterpalooza party. I was able to get 2 X-Boxes, 7 controllers, 2 TVs, 2 copies of Halo, and an ethernet cable, so you can guess what we did (and I admit that I was having the time of my life, I now LOVE Halo). But the really ironic part was when several HTFers told me they either had an X-Box and got rid of it or were considering an X-Box but decided against it because of the lack of games. Now I find it interesting that people who actually care about HTs a LOT would consider getting rid of a powerful console because they don't have any interest in the games, especially considering how someone before said that the X-Box was the perfect console for HT people.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
This nonsense needs to stop guys. This thread went from simple conversation to accusations to now just out and out nonsense. Cant there be.....you know what? Fuck it said:
Well then why do you (not you specifically JoshF) constantly give XBOX owners something to be constantly defensive about? If you stop spinning and twisting every little positive XBOX statement into a snide, backhanded comment, there's nothing to be defensive about.
The "real" problem in this case is that some of you want the liberty to say whatever the hell you want whether it's untrue, half-truth, unfounded speculation, or intentionally offensive w/o anyone questioning it - and when they do question it, you immediately label them as being too sensitive, or too defensive. And oftentimes what starts off as a simple discussion turns into a thread like this because of 2 or 3 poorly chosen comments and jokes comparable to lighting a match and starting a firestorm.
The problem isn't w/ those "defensive about the XBOX", YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. If you want to discuss the XBOX/PS2/GC, discuss it, and leave the childish, snide, petty remarks to yourself. That is the difference between a mature discussion and videogamereview.com

BrianB, you may have most of the members of this message board suckerd into thinking that just because you're an "insider", that your snotty remarks have extra merit. But as far as I'm concerned, you just come off like a jerk. In thread after thread, as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow, I know I'll read someone making the mistake of being enthusiastic about something, only to see you come along and piss on their head. Anyone else would get called out on the carpet for it, but since you're some kind of industry big shot, people let your smart ass comments slide. See you when my suspension ends. Or maybe not. You are one of a handful of people here who take the fun out of reading this forum.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The "real" problem in this case is that some of you want the liberty to say whatever the hell you want whether it's untrue, half-truth, unfounded speculation, or intentionally offensive w/o anyone questioning it - and when they do question it, you immediately label them as being too sensitive, or too defensive
But some comments aren't meant to be taken seriously, are speculation (and are announced as such), or are based on cold hard facts. After those comments, people are defending the X-Box because of the console's aspects. Someone says "X-Box sales are really bad and have been for a while worlwide," which is true, and someone else responds with "but the X-Box is the most powerful console."

I'll take that "I love you too, Walter!" as sarcasm, Brian. If you really loved me, you'd go away. But since you won't, I will. Cheerio!

Joe michaels

Second Unit
The problem isn't w/ those "defensive about the XBOX", YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. If you want to discuss the XBOX/PS2/GC, discuss it, and leave the childish, snide, petty remarks to yourself. That is the difference between a mature discussion and videogamereview.com
here here!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
"Simple conversation" from who's perspective?
From my perspective which is the only perspective that I can intelligently speak from. I thought that would be pretty obvious.

It *was* a simple, straight forward conversation about Xbox sales and look where we are now. When you start a sales thread you are going to get the pluses and the minuses ladies and gentleman. your going to get the "Glad to hear it" with the "Well I'm not so sure about that..". Welcome to the internet and to an internet forum. If your perspective differs...congratulations Kevin I'm not going to get embroiled in an argument over our differences of perspective...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks