What's new

Xbox sales double with pricecut, new PS2 bundle (1 Viewer)

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
This is an insightful story. I'm surprised how much impact a $30 price drop had.

Also, supposedly the PS2 will be dropping to $149 with a couple games bundled in. Any guesses to the games?

WojtekZ

Grip
Count me as one. Here in Canada, the price drop is more psychological (price is now $199). I got a good deal as I got a game (ESPN Hockey 2k4) for free.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see PS2 drop some quality Greatest Hits titles into a bundle. FFX and Jak & Daxter (or some such) would be great. Of course, I already have a PS2, so the benefit here would be the potential of MS doing the same.

Then I could get an X-box and a cople of greatest hits for chump change.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
I also jumped in the pool.

I got the XBOX Halo version console and a bunch of games last Thursday.

I wanted to trying gaming on my PC but since my video card is only DirectX 8 compatible I couldn't even play the demo of Halo. A decent video card for gaming will cost you at least the $149 the XBOX is at right now. Plus Gamestop and Blockbuster in my area sell "pre-played" games which I've found no problem with. I picked up Project Gotham 2, World Series Baseball 2K3 (looks great in 720p), Grand Theft Auto III and for the kids Spongebob, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Nickelodeon game pack.

I could never justify $299 or aven $199 for a gaming console. But $149 compared to the price of a decent gaming video card is definately reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks