What's new

Xbox Price Drop March 28th-April 1st (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
if this is true, i may head on over to best buy to pick one up. i never thought *i* would be one of those 3 system owner geeks :D

CJ

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

It is. Price is now being advertised locally at C$199. Same with PS2. I also noticed GameCube went down another $10.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
not yet in effect here. hopefully on tuesday it will be. any idea when the price was lowered in your area?

CJ

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Ha, I've been one of those since last June. If the price gets low enough, though, I'd prolly pick another up for some LAN parties.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I also read that FYE stores are offering a $30.00 rebate on top of the $149.00 price tag, thus totaling $119.00.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
The Xbox rep came into work on Thursday night and mentioned the price drop. Our ad for this Sunday also lists the new price.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
well i got one at fye, but watch out for rebate hassles. make absolutely sure that the sku on the box matches the sku on the rebate form. apparently the one that is on the rebate form is 'rare', manyt of the xbox systems that are out there are bundle packs or some other sort of special edition packs with a different sku. i could tell you about the debacle that went down today for me at fye, but i would still be typing by the time my rebate check comes back.

CJ

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
So...does this mean something new is on the way from microsoft? Usually, the new thing (Xbox2) is soon to come after a big price drop.

Rick

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member

Speculation is that Sony won't drop until E3 or even later in the fall so as not to appear to be following Microsoft's lead. Also, the PS2 continues to have strong sales. Unless the X-box price drop has a significant impact, they are unlikely to respond immediately.

I myself will probably wait again until fall to see if Microsoft brings out another bundle at the $150 pp.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I saw an article (can't find it now) that said Sony was goign to lower prices and Microsoft beat them to it.

I would expect a PS2 price drop by E3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks