What's new

Xbox Accessories 50% off at KB Toys (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I walked into KB to find that XBOX accessories (the controller, memory card, AV packs) are all 50% off! Thought this may be helpful to some. I bought an XBOX controller for $20 (and I don't even have one yet!) :D

James St

Supporting Actor
Great info, Rob. Is it just on Xbox or are there discounts on the Cube stuff too? Either way looks like I got some shopping to do. Thanks.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I think it was Cube too, but I didn't really look that much at it (already have 4 controllers/memory card/cables for cube). I am going to look at another KB to see if I can find the advanced AV pack and 'S' controllers... I got 1 big controller (I am going to get 2 big ones and 2 small ones)
Also, the KB employee had no idea when the sale ended... they said it could end tomorrow or a year from now. :D

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Wow - is this nationwide???

If so, I'm going down to a local KB to get a present or two for others (too bad I have about all the accessories I need.)

that is, until they come out with the voice unit!

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Dave, my local KBToys is advertising half off on all X-Box accessories through the 21st. This could just be a local promotion as the sales lady did not know when it would end officially (the sign on the door looked like it had been there a while advertising the sale).

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the news guys. I picked up the DVD Remote and the Advanced pack for 50% off. I was very happy!

Tom

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Evan, i assume you're talking about the KB in Buckland Hills mall. Anything good there? I'm gonna check out the KB here in town and may make the trip to West Farms and Buckland if there is anyhting good(specifically PS2 related).

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Actually Dave, I'm talking about the KB in the Manchester Parkade next to Blockbuster on West Middle Turnpike. I only make it out to the mall when I'm bored.;)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Does anyone happen to know if this includes the new "S" controller? I've got two originals and two Japanese ones, but I'd like to complete the set, so to speak. :)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I tried out one of the 'S' controllers at Best Buy (on the demo XBOX) and I HATED it [the button placement of the white and black buttons isn't that great and I have BIG hands]. So, I went back to KBTOYS and picked up 2 more Big XBOX controllers and even found the DVD remote (it was at the bottom of the barrel). Seems this deal is going to end on the 21st, so GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT! :D

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Just got back from the KBToys in Silver Spring, MD. The troll behind the counter told me that the 50%-off promo was only applicable for PS2 accessories. Anyone else experience this setback. :frowning:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Armando, you got an uninformed employee. I've been to three KBs and all had signs saying ***all video game accessories*** were 50% off. I bought XBox controllers from two of them (one was sold out, one had only one controller left) and got the 50% off. It even rung up that way, they didn't have to manually put 50% off.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
It's the opposite here: official PS2 accessories are exempt at my local store.

-Dave

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Steeerike twooooooooo!!! Stopped by a KBToys in Columbia, MD this evening. Different store, different trolls...same story.
[Saleskid pointing to small, fine print on in-store ad] "Sorry sir, the 50%-off is only for PS2 accessories." [Saleskid finishes pointing at small, fine print on in-store ad]
I ain't gettin' no love from Mr. KB. :frowning:

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
KB here in Fort Lauderdale had the XBOX peripherals in a large crate with a sign that said "XBOX peripherals 50% off" :D

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
The Force must be strong in all you Jedi-XBoxers who were able to take advantage of the KBToys sale.:D
Jedi-XBoxer Armando: I would like to purchase these XBox accessories at 50% off as your sign states. Places DVD Playback Kit, Hi-Def Pack, and XBox controller on counter
Salesperson behind counter: Sorry sir, the 50% off is only for Playstation2 acccessories. Points to fine print on sign
Jedi-XBoxer Armando: I would like to purchase these XBox accessories at 50% off as your sign states. Uses Jedi mind-trick by waving hand past salesperson's face
Salesperson behind counter: I'm sorry if you didn't hear me the first time sir, but the 50% off is only for Playstation2 acccessories.
Jedi-XBoxer Armando: Doh!!!!! Turns around, walks away with head bowed down in defeat.

Armando & et al, (this is long)
Thanks in most part to the forum and my GF, I'm the proud owner of an Xbox.
Saw the talk about 50% off sale at KB and decided to check it out and see what they had left with only a day to go.
The GF met me at the mall after watching Episode II (seriously), I had to work. We walk in and there is a computer sign hanging that read that if you buy 3 games it's $50 off the xbox system. The catch was that the sale ended on the 19th and this was the 20th. :frowning:
I mentioned about %50 off accessories and the sales "kid" said no..never heard that. I said 'are you sure?, it's all over the net'. This banter went back and forth 3 times until he scanned the DVD. Sure enough, half off! :D
Now we have him hooked. My GF starts using the Jedi Mind Trick telling the kid, that we would buy the xbox and 3games if he honors the sign. You should have seen him squirm. He tried calling his boss (at home) twice with no answer. He kept saying, "I'd really like to, but I don't want to get in trouble." Little did he know that my GF is a quick study in the ways of Jedi.
We walked out with the Xbox, 3 games (for her 9yr old :frowning: ) and the DVD Module for

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks