What's new

Xbox 360 Get one or wait? (1 Viewer)

joe_pre

Agent
I'm in the market for a Xbox 360. Looking at the middle model (Premium). I've been waiting for the HDMI models, and it looks like they have started arriving or are getting close. Next question is, should I wait for the Falcon chipset or just get one. Is it worth it to wait? I would typically not play for more than 3 hours at a time max so it's not like I'd overheat the machine. Just wondering. I'd like to get one sometime soon, just not sure when the Falcon is coming and if it is worth the wait. Opinions? (I already have the Wii right now) Thanks!

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I've been waiting since they were first released for a decent price drop and the addition of an HDMI output. When I saw one of the Premiums with HDMI at Target at the new lower price two weeks ago I finally bit the bullet and bought one. I suppose I could have waited for the new chipset but I finally gave in. There are no guarantees that the new Falcon board will be any better so I decided to take my chances knowing that there's a 3 year warranty to back it up.

Wyz_sub10

Grip
Real Name
Duane
The Falcon chipset will almost surely resolve the RRoD problems, but I wouldn't wait just for that. HDMI versions are now out, and given the excellent games coming out this month alone, I'd go for it.

Fred333

Agent
Real Name
Fred
I would definitely go for it. I have an xbox and really enjoy playing it. My favorite game is Madden, but that is just me.

Wyz_sub10

Grip
Real Name
Duane

Haven't picked up Madden yet, but between Guitar Hero II, Dead Rising anf Gears of War, alone, there have been countless productive hours lost to the void.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks