What's new

XBox 360 Add-On now with 3 free HD DVD's thru 6-16 (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Along with 'King Kong', 2 additional HD DVD's are now available with the purchase of an add-on.

bur1196

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Burton
This is an incredible deal and a good start in the HD market if you have an Xbox 360.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I have read that these drives work also with computers. Any veracity to that rumor? If so, I'd pick one up in a heartbeat; if only for the free movies! :)

bur1196

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Burton
I have heard that it will work and even seen people post pics. I am not sure whats all involved but it can't be that bad. All it hooks up with is a USB cable...

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
The Xbox add-on does work when attached to a Windows computer, but you will need playback software designed specifically for HD DVD. I'm not sure, but I think a video card that supports HDCP is also required.

I tried on my PC, and after I spent $600.00 on upgrades I still couldn't get the movie to play, I think it was some sort of HDCP issue.. oh well, my stand alone was only $400.00 plus 9 free movies

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks