What's new

X-Men 3 - October 3rd (1 Viewer)

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=4581 :

The Hollywood Reporter says that X-Men: The Last Stand will hit DVD on October 3 in two editions:

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment is expected to announce Friday that "X-Men: The Last Stand," which since its May 26 theatrical opening has grossed $233 million at the boxoffice, will arrive on DVD on Oct. 3 in two extras-laden special editions.

The highlight of the third "X-Men" movie's DVD debut: three alternative endings, each with optional commentary by director Brett Ratner. The single-disc DVD release also includes 10 deleted scenes; audio commentaries from Ratner, the writers and the producers; a preview of the upcoming Ben Stiller movie "A Night at the Museum;" and two hidden "Easter eggs," one of the Beast reciting Shakespeare and the other of the X-Jet landing in Washington.

Fox also is preparing a collector's edition that includes an exclusive 100-page commemorative book with an all-new story penned by Marvel Comics master Stan Lee. It is his first original Marvel Comics book in five years.

In addition, Fox is packaging all three "X-Men" movies into a trilogy pack.

---------------------------------------------------

Okay movie, definitely the weakest of the three. I'm a little surprised by single disc only, but it wouldn't be the home entertainment industry without the inevitable double-dip.

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
Now, if you put those back in the film with branching, that would be great. The film was so damn short, you could feel them ticking all the boxes for "what to do in a series finale". The movie needed room to breathe. I also hope that one of them explains that disasterous goof at the end of the "building bridges" sequence (daylight one second and now it's night!) No doubt I'll get this anyway, as a bookend to the other 2.

I'm betting Europe will get a 2 disc release, like Fantastic 4 last year.

EDIT: And what do you know, Play (UK) is taking orders for a 2 disc release.
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/10043...d/Product.html

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As much as I was disappointed by this one, I'm with MathewB. I have to have the complete set (for now, anyway). Put me down for it.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Mathew B said:
Now, if you put those back in the film with branching, that would be great. The film was so damn short, you could feel them ticking all the boxes for "what to do in a series finale". The movie needed room to breathe. I also hope that one of them explains that disasterous goof at the end of the "building bridges" sequence (daylight one second and now it's night!)
I also want a longer cut of the film. I really liked the movie, but it needed a good 20 minutes more or so.

I also was like, What is going on here, didn't anyone notice it was just very bright and now it is very dark at the bridge scene.

Daniel-M

Second Unit
This is how i see this happening. R2 will get a two disc and all of the deleted scenes and more extras tahn R1. R1 will get a singledisc release with few extras and then a double dip later with a extended cut and all the extras.

willh51

Agent
Real Name
Will
I loved this movie. I'll get the two-disc. I hope it has one of Ratner's nice documentaries along with the other stuff and a price

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Sounds kick ass. I hope one of the alternate endings is the one from the novel. Where Rogue doesn't take the cure and Beast remains at the school as a teacher instead of getting that high profile appointment as the U.N. Ambassador.
The theatrical ending was sorta flat to me. The Easter Eggs sound cool also, especially the 'Beast reciting Shakespear' one. Put me down for the one with the book and bonus Stan Lee comic, he hasn't written X-Men in decades. So that certainly is a drawing point. I'm really surprised it's not going to be a 2-Disc set though. Here I was hoping we'd avoid a double dip, like we have with X2 so far.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
It's supposed to be just as the sun is going down when Magneto moves the bridge. And then there was supposed to be another speech on the bridge before they advance on the island. But if I recall they cut the 2nd speech out since it was another 'Rally the Troops' speech, like the forest. Hence the transition from day to night. It is pretty sloppy, but just assume during the transition that some time passed. :)

John*D

Second Unit

It was jarring, but that it what I figured when watching it in the theater. They should have put a "5 hours later" subtitle thingie at the bottom of the screen.

---

I'll be picking this up.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Best superhero film of the summer (yup...way better than SR). I'll be picking up the Blu-Ray version hopefully.:emoji_thumbsup:

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
I don't want to get into comparing the two, but I certainly agree with you.

"Superman Retreads" could have been so much better than it ended up.

Shaun

Second Unit
In my opinion both Superman Returns and X3 were huge letdowns.

Not yet ready to take the hi-def plunge yet so I'm stuck with DVD for now.

Here's hoping for a killer DTS track. Probably not though. DVD seems to be past it's prime in terms of studios releasing awesome single release multi-disc special editions packed with features, commentaries and DTS for new release movies. These days everything's double, triple, quadruple dipped. Especially from Fox and Sony.

Though in my opinion both Superman Returns and X3 were huge letdowns.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
I felt that at least X-3 delievered an entertaining and emotional action packed film, that simply could have used a bit more more character moments. I can't say the same about SR.

Matthew J

Agent
Thanks for the news. IMHO Singer should've stayed with X-Men, I think he did a great job wit the first 2 and could've followed up with the 3rd. I didn't need another Superman movie.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby

I don't know about you guys, but I was kinda on the fence about buying The Last Stand before. But now that I know that this will be among the bonus features, I'll be picking this one up for sure! I know the main reason I buy DVDs is to see marketing for other films. This is exactly the kind of bonus feature we need more of!

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Amazon UK had the 6-Disc set (all 3 2-disc movies) with 67% discount..

It didnt last long but I was fast enough to pre-order!

Amar

Auditioning
What I find annoying is that it is a single disc release retailed at the same amount as a double disc release. Bah!

I also agree the film was way too short and that was the main reason it suffered a little for me. For such a fast fast paced movie, it needed to be at least the same length as X2.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Good lord, the regular edition's artwork is hideous. I was planning on getting the collector's edition anyway, so I'm glad that's got the good artwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks