What's new

X-Files Fight The Future-any chance of a SE release? (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry if this has been a topic of discussion on the HTF at anytime in the past. I did a few searches to see what I could find and came up with nothing.

I was just curious if there had been any rumblings of an X-Files movie SE on the way? I know Fox re-released this film with an anamorphic transfer and if this is all that fans are going to get (at least for the next few years) than I'll be picking it up, but it seems as though this title would lend itself to a fully loaded release down the line.

Again, I apologize if this has been discussed around here, I hope I'm not beating a dead horse!

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
If there's a sequel to the movie, then FOX will probably release a full blown special edition of this title. However, that won't be for another year or year and a half. The anamorphic/DTS version can be had for as low as $10 in some places, so I would recommend picking it up and enjoying right now instead of waiting for such a long time! :)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
This was actually brought up at the last Fox chat, and the answer was that they still had crates of VHS tapes of that movie in the werehouse. I take that to mean that it's always under-performed and that a SE release isn't likely.

The current release is great, it has commentary and a few extras, so I'd pick that up since it's pretty cheap.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
If you have The Xiles: Season 5, you'll find the hour-long TV special produced by Chris Carter to prep people for the film. You'll also find comments about the film tossed in on the retrospectives on Seasons 5 and 6.

It's sort of fun to watch the last few episodes of season 5, then watch Fight the Future. They did a good job of weaving the season into the beginning of the finished screenplay for the movie...Season 6 picks up where the movie left off.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^Well, I would argue that Season 6 attempted to pick up were the film left off. As the X Files was supposed to end at Season 5 (note how the last episode was called 'The End) and the show was supposed to turn into a movie franchise.

However, money won out in the end, and the TV series kept going and well start to suck. Interestingly enough, the last episode of Season 5 had the text 'The End' in place of 'The Trust Is Out There', however had been replaced in the DVD version and the syndicated airings of the show.

As for the DVD, it's a pretty decent disc. DTS and all.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
There is no need to upgrade the X-Files Fight The Future to a special edition. :) It is already fully loaded.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I don't think an audio commentary, a short documentary, and some trailers qualifies as "fully loaded". That's a pretty mediocre set by today's standards. Heck, it wasn't all that great by 1999's standards either!

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the information guys! My girlfriend and I just completed our X-Files TV collection with season 5 (we were lucky enough to find 6,7, and 8 used but in great condition). She has the movie on DVD, but it's the original release which, doesn't cut it for me since I have a widescreen tv! I'm sure that you all understand! ;)

Anyway, I think I'll pick up the anamorphic widescreen release just so I don't have to wait to long, and to attempt to show Fox that there's still some interest in this title!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks