What's new

X-Box Dolby Digital Bassmanagment Question (1 Viewer)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I was just reading some reviews on some games for X-box and remembered that these games where in 5.1.
This is too cool. I cant wait to hear these game when I get one.
I was curious about how the console handles bass information. Does the xbox encode all 5 channels full-range? If it does, what information will be directed to the sub? Are certain sound effects that get directed to the .1 channel?
Just wanted to know because I run my fronts and center on Large and I wanted bass to stay there.
p.s. I was going to put this in the Gaming Hardware area but I thought that this is a more for"Home Theater Hardware". :D

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
That really depends on the game developer. The xbox does not have any bass management options that override what the developer intended. Your receiver will just have to be set to whatever you feel is best.

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
Ya, Xbox has no bass management(what do you think this is, DVD-A? ;) )but it should sound just like a normal 5.1 movie does on your system.
And if you have all youir speakers set to large(like me), you still get some bass up front.
It's one hell of an experience...Halo in DD 5.1...:D
Sam

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
My life is now broken up into two sections:

Those days before Halo in DD5.1 and

Those days after Halo in DD5.1

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
Kelley, my Girlfriend says your life should be broken down in to 2 sections:
Those days when I had a girlfriend...
and those days after I got the Xbox
:D
Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks