What's new

X-Box 360 production ends (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
it was just announced that Microsoft has ceased production of the 360.
I will be buying an extra soon before they disappear from store shelves. I made the mistake of not getting a New in box PS2 before they went out, now I'd have to pay triple the amount on E-Bay for a new one.
Note: it is never wise to buy a gaming system used that has an optical drive.
Future proof yourself now, or kick yourself later;)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I did just that last Fall and got a brand new 500 GB Xbox 360 (And did similarly for the PS3). So I'm ready for the sad end to start happening.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is there any point in trying to sell my 360 now? I hung onto it after buying my PS4, thinking maybe I'd go back to Bioshock Infinity or a few other games I really like. But I continue my habit of not playing older systems after upgrading. And I think I need to get it out of the house as I'm preparing for a major media system upgrade.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If you're trying to get money for your old 360, chances are you won't get much. But if you're looking to clear space then it might be a good idea to do it real soon or wait a long time (so hopefully scarcity drives an increase in value).

Many games are BC on the One so I doubt you need to hold onto the 360. That said, you need to get XBL, upload your saves to the cloud, then download them onto the One and still hold onto your games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks