What's new

www.hifiklapper.nl - a fraud?? (1 Viewer)

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
I ordered a subwoofer from this seemingly respectable company via website. Since it was a special order, they demanded payment in advance. After 6 months of waiting I canceled the order which was confirmed by them. But they do not sent me my money back! Now I wrote a last mail to them after that I will try to take legal advice. Has anybody experiences with this company? Has anybody useful hints for me how to proceed?

Thanks in advance,

Hartwig

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
No, but if you ordered by credit card, inform your company. They should be able to credit your account.

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
No I did not order via credit card, they do not accept that. I payed via my bank account. Still no money back.:frowning:

mark alan

Supporting Actor

I think that you can pretty much guarantee that you will never see you money back. And your chances of legal action working are about 0%.

Forget about it, and in the future, only use credit cards for purchase. I personally wouldn't even use paypal for any purchase over $20. Paypal gives you no legal protection either.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Contact your local District Attourney's Office the will be
able to provide you with some options for persuing the
money via Small Claims Court and they may be able to take
legal action against the company as being fradulent.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
they show they carry martin logan,rel and kef? they shouldnt be allowed to sell those online. that yells scam right there.

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
Hey check out the picture of the sub they use to mark the subwoofers section. It's a little small but it looks like the pb2-isd pic from SVS's homepage.

top right

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
Thanks for your input. Obviously I was a bit naive, but it is the first time I have such trouble.

First I should have mentioned that I live in Germany. I have contacted the appropriate place (Amtsgericht) and I can (and will) put the legal machinery in gear through them. The Netherlands, where Hifiklapper is, ist EU, as is Germany, so there are simplified procedures.
First I try something that is called ombudsmann, a kind of inbetweener (?) that tries to mediate. I found one specialized for online shopping trouble. And the best is, it does not cost me. Should this fail, I will take the legal way.

Please spread the word that this shop is not to be trusted!

Hartwig

mark alan

Supporting Actor
Any place that does not accept credit cards should be a serious warning to you. A very small site, with few transactions may have a legitimate reason (cost) for not being set up to handle credit cards. A site which appears to be very large (like the one you went to) has NO reason not to accept credit cards. It screams fraud to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks