What's new

WTF? Best Buy doesn't even carry 'PLEASANTVILLE'!? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was going to buy this great movie today, but I couldn't find it, so I asked one of the "blue shirts" if they had it in stock, and she checked her computer and told me that they don't carry the film!?

Is this film OOP now? I hope not.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
It's because they got complaints about the color in the movie; the blue shirts are gonna change to gray soon too :D

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Busted Buy drops lots of older titles. If you ask them about getting them, they'll tell you to use their miserable website or to go to Sam Goodys which they own. I don't shop at Sam Goodys and I order from much better e-tailers.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Best Buy still carries it, but its spelled incorrectly in the system, so to someone that doesn't do a little bit of extra work, it would appear that Best Buy didn't carry it at all. But it's there--trust me, I know--I looked it up, when my Reese Witherspoon infatuation kicked in a couple of years ago. :D
(Think it might be in there as "Plesantville" or "Pleasentville". I can find out for sure tomorrow.)
(There are a crapload of things that are listed incorrectly in the system, btw. . .) :rolleyes
-mwb-

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
They carry it. After it was on TV this week I almost picked it up when I saw it on the shelf at my local Best Buy. That was Tuesday.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I saw copies of it at my local BB the other day. It was in a white four-sided rack full of mostly WB/NL/affiliated titles for $14.99 or less.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
they'll tell you to use their miserable website
This is off the subject of Pleasantville, but I went into BB looking for Our Man Flint and In Like Flint. Of course, they didn't have either title in stock. I checked their website while in the store. Both titles are available on-line, but they show the List Price as $14.98 and the Selling Price as $14.99. No sale for me.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
He's saying it sells for 1¢ above the LIST Price. Everyone else is selling that for either $9.99 or $12.99...check Circuit City or Borders, for example. I heard Targets that have them they go for $9.44!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Wherever you can find it, it's an excellent film, and an excellent DVD. I've never had a problem finding older discs at Best Buy, but that's probably because I generally don't have the patience to let them get "old".

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I bought the Flint films at Target for 9.44 each. They still have tons of them in my area stores...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, David for helping clarify my point about Best Buy. I hardly think of Target for catalog titles of DVDs. I did get A Beautiful Mind at Target with the calculator, but generally only go to Best Buy. The Target store in our town is right across the street so I will have make a trip there while I am in the neighborhood.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
They're listed in the Best Buy system as "Pleasanville", so, if an employee doesn't search, it would seem as if Best Buy doesn't handle the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks