What's new

WTB: Used 2 Channel Receiver (1 Viewer)

NeelMehta

Auditioning
I have a used Carver "The Receiver". Very simple in design and performance, but as good as they get in sound quality. A very clean 130 wpc.

Has the limited edition wood sides as well.

Looking for $200 plus shipping, let me know if interested.

Joe_Papeo

Stunt Coordinator
Neel,
Didnt notice you responded. I don know much about this receiver. What else can you tell me about it?

Is there somewhee on-line I can find specs?

This may be a little more then I was looking for, both in price and performance, but you never know.

NeelMehta

Auditioning
Unfortunately, it is an older model (from 1990) so it is hard to find online specs. But it is considered to be one of those gem vintage receivers, sort of like the McIntosh tube amps. I am only selling it because i bought a marantz home theater receiver with a rotel amp, and this is just collecting dust.

Here are some specs:
This unit is from Carver’s golden age (when Bob Carver still worked for Carver!). It is from the late 80s and retailed for $800.00. The Receiver 130 is rated at a whopping 130 watts per channel into 8 Ohms. It has inputs for PHONO (MM), DAD/VIDEO, AUX, TAPE 1 and TAPE 2. It features Mono, Balance, Loudness, Two-way tape dubbing, Headphones jack, and Base, Treble and Midrange controls. Other features:

Magnetic Field Power Amplifier Section. This is a Carver feature which allows the amplifier section to only use the power it needs, on demand. This reduces the heat it produces as well as the unit’s overall weight.
Power Meters with two sensitivity settings.
Preamp-out/main in jacks in the back, so you can separate the preamplifier and amplifier sections and use either of them independently.
Tone Defeat: This button provides a “straight through” signal path, by-passing the tone control circuits.
6 FM and 6 AM tuner presets
Tuner Signal Strength meter.li>FM Mute: This eliminates interstation noise when tuning for FM stations. The receiver will be silent until you tune into a strong station.
Asymetrical Detector: This circuit is for dealing with reception problems. It has two settings. The first reduces weak station noise. The second reduces weak station noise as well as multipath distortion. Where I live, it does a very nice job tuning into stations that come in weakly. Of course, you can leave it off if you prefer.
AM Filter. Filters out noise on the AM band.
FM and AM search, plus Station Lock LED.
Two sets of speaker binding posts. So you can have two pair of speakers hooked up, or you can biwire one pair.
Two AC inputs in the back (one switched and one unswitched)

If you are interested, i can send some pics...unfortunately i have a very crappy digicam and so the pics won't be that great.

Let me know what you think.

Neel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks