What's new

wtb: crt projector (1 Viewer)

ilyak

Stunt Coordinator
im looking to get a deal on a pj, the cheaper the better i guess, but i want a descent picture, looking to spend between $1000-$2000. One that doesnt require too much crt knowldege, this is my first. I have a controlled lighting atmoshpere. If you have seen a good deal, please let me know! thanks ahead of time

Tim Baldwin

Stunt Coordinator
You need to get on Curt Palme's mailing list. He rebuilds and sells CRT's, and has a great reputation. I was going to buy from him, until I got a killer deal locally. I have his latest list at work, and will try to email it to you later.

As far as the cost, quality, setup and all, he will have a wide range, but there is no free lunch. The NEC's are reputed to have the best PQ, but are the trickiest (or most tedious) to setup. The Ampro's will be very attractively priced, but parts may become an issue if you keep it a long time. Nonetheless, I think you'll find something in your range easily.

Jeffrey S

Stunt Coordinator
Ilyak- Tim's suggestion to get on Curt Palme's list is a good one. He is an honest guy that accurately describes the projectors he sells and he provides good follow up service and setup advice. I think he also offers a warantee on some of his projectors. Obviously I can't speak for him, but I have sold him a couple of projectors in the past and found him to be knowlegable and prompt in his communications and follow though.

Also, I have two projectors for sale that will almost certainly interest you. Here is a brief description. If interested, I will follow up with specifics. I live in Iowa City and travel to MN (twin cities) fairly often, so you can potentially save several hundred dollars on crating and shipping. If we were to work out a deal, perhaps we could meet half way.

#1 NEC 9PG Plus - great tubes other than very minor burn (if there is such a thing) on the green tube. Will sell for around $1200.

#2 NEC 9PG Xtra - no image burn on the tubes. Average wear. The Xtra is a really nice high-resolution projector. Around $2000.

Prices are negotiable, and I am always interested in trades of mid- to high-end gear (astronomy, stereo, home theater, computer, and other cool stuff).

Here is my email if you want to discuss the projectors further. [email protected]

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks