1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy a store offered extended warranty on a RPTV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil L, May 14, 2002.

1. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

I usually don't get these things because what I buy always seems to work but I've never had a RPTV before and I'm unsure what to expect.

2. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

I normally don't on most of my electronics, but I did on my Tosh 65h80 that I bought a year ago from Tweeter. I haven't had to use it thankfully, but I think it was $300 for five years. Seemed worth it to me. It just depends on how risk averse you are.

I've seen many threads on this forum that would agree that an extended warraties for RPTV's are worth it. Just my two cents.

Peace,

DM

3. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

How about extended waranty's on direct view hdtv's? Worth it or no?

4. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

Phil,

My buddy bought a RPTV at Tweeter and he bought the extended service contract (I think $300). The good thing about it is that they will come to his house once a year (for 3 yrs) to check, clean, and adjust the guns. That alone would be worth it.

Bill

5. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Bill,
    I'm probably going to buy it at a local PC Richards so I doubt their service contract includes perks like that, although that would be worth the price.
    Sorry to hear about your disconnected HT[​IMG]