Would like to post pics of my HT here, but lack the equipment. How?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I recently picked up some very nice pictures of my HT and thought it would be nice to post them on the forum for all to see, but alas I lack both the equipment and the know how on how to go about this. I think I remember one of the administrators saying that if I send him the pics in the mail, he'll load them in for me, can anyone confirm this?

They're not very big, they're 4x6 prints.

Thanks.

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    I would really like to help you, but sending pics over to Europe might not be a wise idea. Are you sure you have no access to any sort of image scanner anywhere?

Because from there it's relatively easy.

Cees

3. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

Most photo development places will put prints onto disc for you.

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Kinkos also offers scanners and scanning services which can get the pictures in the digital environment.
    The steps to disaplying your pics on this forum are:
    1) Get the pictures scanned. Again, Kinkos usually has self serve scanners, or will charge you an excessive amount to scan them for you.
    2) Find a place to house them on an internet server (your ISP usually offers free webspace to customers where you can upload and house your pics-- and if not, if the pics are resonable size, Parker will often allow members to house a few pics on the HTF server).
    3) Check the VBscript instructions to see how to link to your files once they are on an internet server. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ion=bbcode#img
    If you absolutely cannot find a place to scan the pics- drop me an email and I might be able to work something out (I could scan and house the pics for you if all else fails.)
    -Vince

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

6. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    John:

However you chose to get your pictures scanned send them to me along with your equipment list and I will put them up on our server.

Parker