What's new
World Wide Stereo

Would a InFocus 4805 work...if I am sitting 8' feet away? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Is it stupid???? Nope, not at all. Just keep in mind with a 4805 you will need to sit 2X the screenwidth away since it is only a 480p machine and you will see screendoor. From 8' away you will have about a 55" diagonal widescreen image that will be screendoor free. Not too bad although it will be VERY BRIGHT!! You will want to get at least a ND2 fliter to cut that down a bit. If you want it to be a bit bigger and can put up with a bit of screendoor you could probably get a 65" image but I would not want to push it past that.

To be honest with you, I think it is stupid to buy a 3,000 dollar giant space wasting 50" " box set" for just DVD viewing. When people come over my place bragging about their $2,500 - $3,000 50" DLP or LCD set and how it looks great for movies.......than they see my 4805/80" scrren which I got for a steal for under $1,000 they crap their pants and feel like they have been had by the place they bought it from. Try the 4805.....if you don't like it bring it back.....I doubt you will........

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Hmmm...

I have a nice 7.5m AudioQuest component cable I got from work and a receiver that will upconvert everything to component (no cable issue.

We sell the 4805 at work.

Only issue will be the screen. It will need to be portable (part will hang over a closed double door into my room, so it cannot be perminant).

Even with discounts, a cheap projo will be over $1,000 and be hard to deal with.

Hmmm... I might just be able to pull this off :)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Heck, if you sell them than I am sure you will be able to return it if you don't like it. You may want to look into a pull down screen from Da-Lite. Their HCMW model b or c is a great screen and you can probably get one for the size you need if you look around for a good dealer. Ignore the prices you see on their website.......they can be had for much cheaper from authorized dealers. Or if you want a fixed screen you can make one yourself and put some hooks on the ceiling to attatch it to. Use a chain to drop it down a bit if need be. When you are done watching the movie than take it down and put it in a closet or under a bed or something. I actually do this with my pull down screen since it is an a "formal" living room. My wife loves this too of course ;). "Much better looking than an ugly huge box sitting in a corner" she says to me.....

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'll second the Da-Lite pull downs. Gaining quite a bit of popularity these days for sure. They perform great and wives seem to love the pull down aspect for what ever reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks