What's new

World Poker Tour Season 2 Starts (1 Viewer)

James_S

Second Unit
Starting Tonight (3/3) on the Travel Channel 9pm EST/6pm PST

Opening night of World Poker Tour: Borgata Poker Open in Alantic City.

Seat 1: Carlos Mortenson - Starting Chip Count $799,000
Seat 2: David Oppenheim – Starting Chip Count $419,000
Seat 3: Randy Burger – Starting Chip Count $219,000
Seat 4: Charlie Shoten – Starting Chip Count $427,000
Seat 5: Noli Francisco – Starting Chip Count $391,000
Seat 6: Mickey Seagle – Starting Chip Count $98,000

Can’t Wait!

My money is on Charlie Shoten.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad. I've seen each episode of the previous season a minimum of two times each. (And am I the only one sick of ESPN showing the same three episodes fo the 2003 World Series of Poker over and over again?)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Excellent News!! The wife both like this show.

And yes I am sick of ESPN and its 2002 World Poker "replay"!

Greg

James_S

Second Unit
Pretty entertaining show. Somehow I got kind of bored towards the end. Oh well, will we see the cocky Phil Hellmuth next week. Maybe he will lighten things up.

One thing I was glad about that they did not have the 30-second clock. I hope that they never do that again. I sometimes take more then 30 seconds in a tournament that pays $400.00 for first place and these guys are playing for 1000x plus for their decision.

Yes I am totally sick of watching the 2003 World Series of Poker on ESPN. I noticed that they made some additional 1/2-hour shows about: The Best All-ins, The Best Bluffs, ETC. Can you say “Let's milk it for all we got.”

I think the 2004 WSOP starts towards he end of May (22?). So maybe we will get some new shows. Maybe ESPN can do an 1/2 hour daily following the days events or carry some of the action live. Do Something to get the 2003 of the air.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Also glad for some new shows.

Any of you guys play online? We could have an HTF event. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was some sloppy geriatric poker play at the heads-up play between Noli and Shoten.

Shana looked awesome in the strapless top she was wearing for some of the reporting.

Otherwise, not a great start to the WPT season.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob

WS Champ Chris Moneymaker made the final table at the WPT event being shot nearby here in San Jose today. Phil Gordon is the chip leader. And Mimi Rogers actually cashed! This event will be televised on June 9.

Rob

James_S

Second Unit
Hopefully this week will be a little more exciting then last week.

Travel Channel 9pm EST/6pm PST

3/10/04 FOXWOODS:

Seat 1: Hoyt Corkins – Starting Chip Count $1,207,500
Seat 2: Mohamed Ibrahim – Starting Chip Count 376,500
Seat 3: Brain Haveson – Starting Chip Count $135,000
Seat 4: Christopher Ackerman – Starting Chip Count $333,000
Seat 5: Senthil Kumar – Starting Chip Count $245,000
Seat 6: Phil Hellmuth – Starting Chip Count $840,000

I don’t have a pick this week. But it is hard to bet against Hoyt that has over a million in chips and has $367,500 more than the Phil (2nd in chips). But anything can happen.

SHUFFLE UP AND DEAL!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
*spoilers*

And it looks like the streak has continued. Just bad beat after bad beat for him, and the way Hoyt was using his chip advantage, nobody could really get a foothold.

I also think Ibriham will be thinking about that K8 laydown for some time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, he was too afraid of the possible flush sitting out there on the table after the turn.

I sort of enjoy watching Hellmuth lose on a bad beat on the river. But usually, it's the only way to beat the guy, by getting lucky and then soaking him for all he's got.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I felt sorry for Phil last night. He got zero lucky draws and got burned several times on 4th & 5th street.

I was in the final two of a single table tournament last night and went down to a flush on the river after flopping two pair.

Does Sam Farha not play WPT events? I'd like to see him play more. I enjoyed his style at the World Series.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking they should do more invitationals like Ladies Night. They should do a table of nothing but guys who've written books on playing poker.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The main impediment to that sort of invitational is getting the sponsors to pony up the cash because these tournament payouts are based on the number of entrants into the tournament (and the entrance fee paid by each player), so there's plenty of dead money being picked up by the eventual final table players.

James_S

Second Unit

Yes, but we see what they both had and I was yelling to call, but that being said I might have laid it down too. Had Ibriham called, Hoyt had so many outs.

The play that should be thinking about is the last hand going all in on a Q-8. What was he thinking there?

James_S

Second Unit
Bellagio’s 5-Star Diamond World Poker Classic

3/17/04 – Travel Channel 9pm EST / 6pm PST

This is one on the best final tables we have seen in the past 2 years. Including the World Series of Poker, WPT and all others combined. I am really looking forward to this one.

Seat 1: Tino Lechich – Starting Chip Count $811,000
Seat 2: Gustav “Gus” Hansen – Starting Chip Count $1,484,000
Seat 3: Paul Philips – Starting Chip Count $1,220,000
Seat 4: Mel Judah – Starting Chip Count $655,000
Seat 5: Abraham Mosseri – Starting Chip Count $1,347,000
Seat 6: Dewey Tomko – Starting Chip Count $767,000

My pick is Gus Hansen, hard to pick against last years 2-time winner.

But look out for Mel Judah, great player and he is on the short stack couple of moves and he could be right back in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks