What's new

World Poker Tour Season 3 (1 Viewer)

James_S

Second Unit
Well tonight is the first night of season 3

As I did with season 2 I will list the final table and the chip counts and some added notes.

WPT Mirage Poker Showdown
Seat 1: Lee Watkinson $ 697,000
Seat 2: Scotty Nguyen $2,131,000
Seat 3: John Juanda $ 527,000
Seat 4: Gabe Kaplan $ 888,000
Seat 5: Jim Meehan $ 473,000
Seat 6: Eli Elezra $ 978,000

Yes that Gabe Kaplan from Welcome Back Kotter. Gabe used to call the World Series of Poker on ESPN back when and is a world class poker player in is own right. But tonight's massivive chip leader Scotty Nguyen is going to be hard to beat, although Scotty sometimes plays and little reckless. Also watch out for John Juanda he has been playing some great poker lately.

So Let's Shuffle up and Deal....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yay, it's poker season again! After watching Mike Sexton get a beatdown in "Poker By The Book" last week by Phil Hellmuth, let's just say I enjoy listening to Sexton's commentary than watching his actual poker play.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
I'm right behind ya. I call :D

After watching all of Season 1 and with Season 2 of the WPT airing here... all I can say is that I'm ALL-IN on this great show.

The S2 DVD comes out at the end of the month and cannot wait to get so I can watch it ahead of the airing here.

One great disappointment is the ESPN show Tilt. Not even Michael Madsen nor Robert Forster could save that show.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'll take Lee Watkinson tonight. I suspect Scotty will get overly aggressive and someone will call his bluff more than a few times.

I like this show. I don't like the others.
I would agree.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I was almost right..

Scotty got overly aggressive and bowed himself out. Lee almost pulled it out but got himself into trouble late too. I don't think he's quite good enough to go heads up for the big money.

Still an excellent show.

James_S

Second Unit
Shane,

You were right. The one thing that I noticed is that Scotty really didn't play that bad of cards. Just seemed like everytime he had a hand someone else had a bigger hand. And when you don't have the cards it sucks. I've been there and done that. You get frustrated cause your not getting the cards and then when you get good cards someone else raises you and then what do you do? You haven't seen the cards you figure you can't win if you don't play.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
He was in a bad spot and he likes to play overly aggressive at times. Having Juanda next to him made it tough because from what I've seen of Juanda he tends to play much like Nguyen does but not as ballsy.

It looked also that Lee Watkinson is in next weeks deal too from the looks of the trailer

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I really, really like John Juanda's game. He makes calls, raises and laydowns I don't think I could make in a thousand years. He really reads the situation and his opponents well.

Rob

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I didn't realize anyone actually watched this show. I've been serving as the Dialog and Sound Effects editor for the majority of the episodes for the 3rd season.

So, everytime the little WPT playcard swoops by the screen and goes "wooooosh" you can say "Hey, i know the guy who does that." LOL.

I too enjoyed Sexton getting whooped on "poker by the book" -- although the episode did reveal how boring Vince is when left to call the game solo.

;)

-Vince

James_S

Second Unit
First off

Vince,

That's cool. Will we see your name in the credits?

This Weeks:
WPT Legends of Poker

Seat 1: Doyle Brunson $1,631,000
Seat 2: Lee Watkinson $2,466,000
Seat 3: Pete Lawson $1,056,000
Seat 4: Tom Lee $ 272,200
Seat 5: Joe Awada $1,064,000
Seat 6: Grant Helling $ 215,000

Well this one should be interesting. Doyle the Grand Pappy of poker and Lee Watkinson who bluffed and got caught last week. What is funny here is that the is the Legends of Poker Tourney and I have only heard of 4 of the 6 at the final table. "Legends"?

We will see.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's been textbook so far tonight. :)

Congrats to:

Doyle who just shellacked Lee into bitter submission.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Lee is proving that he has the guts but he's not as good as a player as he people think he is. He is simply not as good as the top guys. He was schooled. I would have like to have seen Joe Awada stick around more.

James_S

Second Unit
This maybe the final table of the year!!

WPT Borgata Poker Open

Seat 1: Daniel Negreanu $ 950,000
Seat 2: Josh Arieh $1,390,000
Seat 3: Phil Ivey $ 466,000
Seat 4: Chris Tsiprailidis $ 784,000
Seat 5: David Williams $2,039,000
Seat 6: Brandon Moran $ 449,000

Man, This should be a good one. Daniel, Josh, Phil and David at the final table wow! For those who don't know Josh and David both were at the final table at the World Series of Poker. David finish 2nd and Josh finished 3rd. Josh is a cocky brash player it will be interesting how he plays with the quiet dangerous player Phil Ivey, but then again David is also very quiet. Should be fun.

Enjoy.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Interesting. Phil looks to be up against it with that short stack.

I really want to see David Williams bust Josh Arieh! Arieh was such a dick at the WSOP.

Rob

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
Interesting final table indeed. My money is on Negreanu for his passive aggressive plays - he knows how to play the tournaments. I think Daniel should have Josh's measure if he decides to gamble with his stack.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Easily the best final table I've ever seen.

For those that don't know, here is how it went
Phil Ivey Busts out first by losing a race to Josh

Then

Brandon Moran loses a race to finish 5th

Then

Chris is busted trying to go all in with 5-3 on Daniel.

Then

Josh gets overly cocky and tries to bully Daniel to be called. It was a stupid all in bet by Josh anyway. He deserved this.

Then

It was heads up between:
Daniel and David
which went on for a good hour back and forth bullying each other when Daniel caught pocket Aces only for David to get out of that bear trap
only for It to happen not but a few hands later

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, David, was cruising, and then got careless, but a fun battle for a good half hour heads up.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Prob not, as the producers didnt specifically hire me, rather they hired the company I subcontract to so while I've done many episodes of the series, I could easily never do one again depending on how the schedule fell (In fact, this week I started working on a new show for Discovery Kids, so WPT went to a fellow editor this week).

I work on several "big" shows on major networks, but I've really only been credited on a handful because of the nature of things.

So, I dont think they bother to find out who specifically edited or mixed each epsiodes for the credits since it might change week to week: they probably just list the company name (but, of course, I've never seen a full episode with finished credits, so you guys would have to tell me, lol).

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks