What's new

World Cup of Hockey (1 Viewer)

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I don't see any problem there for Canada as the next guy on the chart is Luongo. Might even be an upgrade.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
not a bad SECOND string goalie, eh? i'd say that luongo is probably a better goalie as far as talent goes, but brodeur can handle pressure well, and he happens to be pretty good too :)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I would have to disagree with both of you guys... yes, Luongo is a great second choice but Brodeur is playing flawlessly and he has the experience to fall back on if things go wrong. If Luongo steps in and lets in one weak goal the boys in front of him will lose all confidence and play differently than they would have in front of Brodeur.

IMHO

The U.S./Finland game is about to begin. The U.S. should take this game but don't count out Finland yet. They can surprise you.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Yes but not as good as Kipper - Lehtonen. I remember seeing Luongo play as a youngster and how good he is, even without my blue and white glasses I'll predict Lehtonen will be better. :)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
About halfway through the U.S./Finland game, no score.
Pretty dull game so far... not much in the way of scoring chances. It's starting to look like whoever makes the first mistake might be in trouble.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
And just as those words leave my keyboard the game opens up into some GREAT end to end action! :emoji_thumbsup:

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Tied up in the third... 1 to 1. The U.S. sat on the lead and it cost them.

We'll see who can finish this game off.
5 minutes to go in the third and the fans are finally starting to get into it.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Team U.S.A. go an another PP with 3:04 left in the third period.
With everything else that they have let go this period, THAT was a questionable call to say the least.

Don't get me wrong, it was a penalty. It's just that there have been many others that were overlooked up to this point.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
FINLAND WINS!!
Wow! Great game!
Kipper keeps them in it and the Americans made a huge mistake by sitting on a 1 goal lead in the third period.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I agree and how about the icing call with 7s left? I was thinking again that the NHL refs were costing the game again. Good thing they didn't succeed.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
that is a bold prediction, but i'm interested to see how it plays out. luongo is one os the best goaltenders ive seen in many years, based on raw talent alone. if either one of the finnish goalies can catch my eye as much as luongo has (i dont follow goalies as much as i should), then i'll be impressed. i hear this kiprusoff fella is pretty talented though ;)

CJ

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I agree and I thought he was the best until I saw Lehtonen play consistently on the level he does. Next time the Trashers start him, keep an eye on him.

This thread got quiet all the sudden when USA was sent packing. :)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
That game was a nail biter, and Canada was dominated for long stretches, but I'm happy Canada survived.

On to the finals!

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
And some people thought that Luongo was an upgrade over Brodeur. ;)

Give me Brodeur any day! Luongo looked more than a little shaky on a couple of goals. Nice pad rebound directed right on Havlat's stick as well.
Luongo was great in OT but I missed Brodeur throughout the rest of the game. Brodeur has been rock solid this entire series. Especially the way he helps out the defense by handling the puck, best in the league.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I agree Micheal..hopefully Marty's back for the final game...if for no other reason then as a confidence boost to the guys...not that Roberto played that badly. I'm worried about the next game though..if kipper plays like he did in the cup finals getting goals on him is going to be difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks