What's new

Wood A/V furniture for HDTV (1 Viewer)

BrianWH

Agent
Does anyone have a source for a nice wood TV stand that will support a 52-inch HDTV (lightweight DLP set). Better yet, one that will also hold my components on the side?

Glass and metal and plastic just don't work in my room.

Forgive me if there's a better forum for this question.

Thanks for the help,
Brian

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
You might want to look at Hooker Furniture. They make several cabinets like you describe and the ones I've seen on display appear to be pretty nicely made. (The really cool looking ones are the pop-up but I think they're pretty pricey)

Mort

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
check out the Salamander stands (www.salmander.com). A litle pricey but very nice wood. I personally like the maple, the cherry is a little too orange-red for me.

They also see them at audioadvisor.com. These are put together by you and the parts are sold separately. That is, you buy the basic stand which has the posts and top and base shelves, then you can add doors, sides, casters depending on how fancy you want it.

A Triple 20 *about 20" high) will give the widest base to set the tv on, but if you don't mind have the set overhang the edges, you can probably do a twin 20 or the SVDO (which I have for my 36" Sony tube set). These are about 39" wide which should be ok support wise. As long as someone doesn't lean on the top of the ends of the tv.

Check out the Redline model for $220 http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...?sku=SALRS3211]http://

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks