What's new

Wish list for 2014 (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
cineMANIAC said:
In 2014 I'd like to see:The end of forced trailersThe end of the use of old/dated mastersThe end or better use of digital tinkeringThe inclusion of last-view memory on all discsAs for movies, well, surprise me ;)
A FREKING MEN

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Pretty soon we're going to have to start coming up with wishlists for 2015 :eek:

Hard to believe we're already well past the halfway mark for '14. I always say we're in the "buffer zone" this time of year - all the spring releases are "in the can" (slow first half for Blu-rays IMO) and before late August, when when actually start seeing the first hints of holiday marketing. Scary, isn't it?

Sadly, I still don't see THE ABYSS or TRUE LIES making it out this year - my biggest wishlist titles to date.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I'll chime in for proper Blu-rays of Far From Heaven and Gosford Park (the DVD and Canada Blu-ray are atrocious); I'll also throw in a U.S. release of The Remains of the Day, though I'll probably get the region free UK BD long before it gets a U.S. release.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
It is now October and nothing on my list has been released or announced. My best hope is probably High Society and perhaps The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (from the Goldwyn contract). Anybody had any luck with their list?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My updated wish list for the remainder or 2014
I am looking to start building a Atmos library so hopefully we will see a number of releases 2014/2015

1.Transformers: Age Of Extinction
2. Iron Man Trilogy
3. The Avengers 1 & 2
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Thor 1 & 2
6. X Men: Days Of Future Past
7. The King And I
8. A Fistful Of Dollars
9. Gladiator
10. Poltergeist
11. Shawshank Redemption
12. American Graffiti

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Oo I do love lists, just thinking of a few titles where I'd dance a little jig if they were announced:She Wore A yellow RibbonScaramoucheHelen Of TroyLand Of The PharaohsThe VikingsOne-Eyed JacksThe Great RaceLord JimWhat's New PussycatA Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The ForumThe Last Valley (some hope!)Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
Just one, The Great Race. A couple of region A locked Kino releases, & a French Lord Jim that looks like an SD uprez. But there's been a lot of other stuff that's been released this year. A couple that come to mind: The Warlord, 55 Days At Peking, The Pit & The Pendulum, The Wind & The Lion, & a few more, & the year's not over yet. I seem to have a lot more discs than this time last year.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would hope that any projects upcoming or currently in cue will be done in 4K so that there will be a 4K release sometime soon! For the movies that could benefit from a Atmos track it would be a great combination to see a 4K release and Dolby Atmos when appropriate. I would like to see forced trailers to end if people want to see them they will watch the trailers.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Billy Batson said:
Just one, The Great Race. A couple of region A locked Kino releases, & a French Lord Jim that looks like an SD uprez. But there's been a lot of other stuff that's been released this year. A couple that come to mind: The Warlord, 55 Days At Peking, The Pit & The Pendulum, The Wind & The Lion, & a few more, & the year's not over yet. I seem to have a lot more discs than this time last year.
Did you mean that Warners released the Blu-ray or that anyone released these titles on Blu-ray because Forum and What's New Pussycat were released on Blu-ray by Kino. I reviewed both of them.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My updated wish list for the remainder or 2014
I am looking to start building a Atmos library so hopefully we will see a number of releases 2014/2015
re updated 10/10/2014
1.Transformers: Age Of Extinction (Purchased 10/10/2014)
2. Iron Man Trilogy
3. The Avengers 1 & 2
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Thor 1 & 2
6. X Men: Days Of Future Past (Might put this title off to see if it receives a Atmos re release)
7. The King And I
8. A Fistful Of Dollars
9. Gladiator
10. Poltergeist
11. Shawshank Redemption
12. American Graffiti
13. Captain America: Winter Soldier (Temporarily on hold for Dolby Atmos release)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Did you mean that Warners released the Blu-ray or that anyone released these titles on Blu-ray because Forum and What's New Pussycat were released on Blu-ray by Kino. I reviewed both of them.
Yeah, but they're region A locked. And I know I could go multi-region, but I've decided not to.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Mark Booth said:
THE MAJESTIC
MR. HOLLAND'S OPUS
THE GOODBYE GIRL
DOWN WITH LOVE
TOOTSIE
OPEN RANGE
MURDER BY DEATH
MISTER ROBERTS
THE ABYSS
TRUE LIES
ALWAYS
IN AND OUT
PAINT YOUR WAGON
OKLAHOMA
THE SHOOTIST

And a bunch of others I can't think of right now.

Mark
Here's what I got from my list:

Tootsie (released next week)
Always (released only in Steven Speilberg collection, but at least it's finally on Blu)
Oklahoma (and how GLORIOUS it is!!!)

And, squeaking in just a little bit too late for 2014, but coming at the end of February, my #1 wish for release on Blu-ray....

THE MAJESTIC

:drum: :rock: :banana: :dancing-banana-04: :banana: :rock: :drum:

Mark

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well we have about 17 days left then it will be time to make our 2015 wish list!

In 2015 I am gong to separate UHD 4K Bluray list from my 1080p bluray list.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Slightly Scarlet (1956)
High Society (1956)
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Three Little Words
Michael Shayne,
The Narrow Margin
The Princess and the Pirate
Around the World in 80 Days
Touchez pas au grisbi
In Harm's Way
The Court Jester
The Sea Wolves
The Three Musketeers (1948)
Lisbon (1956)
Artists & Models
Has Anybody Seen My Gal
Soldier of Fortune
Armored Car Robbery

Still nothing!

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Slightly Scarlet (1956)
High Society (1956)
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Three Little Words
Michael Shayne,
The Narrow Margin
The Princess and the Pirate
Around the World in 80 Days
Touchez pas au grisbi
In Harm's Way
The Court Jester
The Sea Wolves
The Three Musketeers (1948)
Lisbon (1956)
Artists & Models
Has Anybody Seen My Gal
Soldier of Fortune
Armored Car Robbery

At last an item from my list has been released - Touchez pas au grisbi

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Oo I do love lists, just thinking of a few titles where I'd dance a little jig if they were announced:She Wore A yellow RibbonScaramoucheHelen Of TroyLand Of The PharaohsThe VikingsOne-Eyed JacksThe Great RaceLord JimWhat's New PussycatA Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The ForumThe Last Valley (some hope!)Pat Garrett & Billy The KidI'm hoping that the remasters of The Good The Bad & The Ugly & The Wild Bunch look good. And some box sets, another classic monsters set from Universal (plus Sci-Fi & the road movies). I'd like a great looking release from the golden years of Hammer Films (late 50's early 60's), The Mummy has come the closest, but Universal & Sony could put out some great looking titles if they wanted to.

Well not bad at all, out of that little list I have, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, The Great Race, One-Eyed Jacks, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, The Vikings (released next week in the UK) & some great Universal horrors (& a ton of other stuff).

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I have just ONE wish list title for 2014...a proper 50th Anniversary fully-restored edition supervised by Forum member Robert Harris of "My Fair Lady"...Viacom/CBS...ARE YOU LISTENING?!? :P

I think we have a winner here!

I like reading these old lists, seeing what titles have since been released & the films that remain MIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks