What's new

Wish I Had $1200 Disposable Right Now. (1 Viewer)

Bruce N

Second Unit
Looks like a scam similar to many others that have been listed on ebay. If it seems too good to be true then it probably is.

Bruce

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I checked it out ... we have over 300 "positive" feedbacks on eBay ... so I asked for the "pre-approval" status to be accepted...

The response was that I was accepted, but no PayPal transactions allowed... it will require a wire transfer to Greece...

Can you say "SCAM", boys and girls ?

Felix_H

Stunt Coordinator
B&W Matrix 800
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Scam for sure.

Best deal I have ever seen was in the local Austin-Statesman paper. A doctor I assume by his email address was selling a stereo system package of QSC 500W amps and a QSC preamp, Magnum-Dynalab tuner and a pair of passive ATC SCM300's for $2600 obo. Lets see the tuner retailed new for ~3K and I would guess the QSC stuff would cost a couple of thousand new as well, so the asking price was a decent price just for the electronics.

The real kicker is the speakers as new ATC SCM300's cost close to $30K and if they had been the active version they cost over $50K. There was a pair of passive ATC SCM200's on Audiogon at the time listed for $12K and the 200's cost almost half the price of the 300's. Unreal deal, that I was unable to jump on because I had just bought a $4000 preamp, so no excess cash to swing. It pains me whenever I think about it, as you could of probably easily turned around and sold all that stuff on Audiogon for $15K.

MikeNg

Second Unit
Scamola.:thumbsdown:

The guy has not one buyer feeback. If you want, ask him for the serial numbers from the speakers, then watch him do the dance.

You really have to beware of slimy acts on eBay.

Jimi C

Screenwriter

I just sent him an email where i told him i would wire him $1200 immediatly, and that i just needed to know the serial numbers located on the speakers.

Michael.M.C

Stunt Coordinator
I asked them where can they be seen. That question and/or "where can this be picked up" usually chases scammers away.

EdNichols

Second Unit
I saw a similar scam a few days ago. Some guy with no feedback was offering 3 sets of new, in-the-box, top-of-the-line, Martin Logan Prodigy speakers with no reserve. I checked the next day and the offer was gone. I suspect he was caught.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Yea.. he should get some eyeglasses. oh wait..nevermind, this IS a scam! Who woulda thunk it? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks