What's new

Wireless Game Controller for my PC - What are some good ones? (or ones to avoid?) (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'm looking for a wireless game controller for my HTPC.

Can anyone provide me with some feedback?

I tried to use a USB extension cable for my current controller, the Gravis Gamepad Pro (USB)...but it won't recognize my controller with the USB extension cable attached...

Note: I can't figure this out for the life of me - it works on all other computers - but not the one I want to use it on....why does this always happen to me :)

Any feedback on a good wireless controller would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I bought a USB adapter for a playstation controller at Radio Shack for around $10. Maybe you could try a PS wireless controller w/the USB adapter.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Mark,

Hmm, I always tried to get the CPU controller that most looked like a PS2 controller. I guess your solution is the easiest way to achieve it. Is this the part you're talking about? Radio Shack Product

Daniel Alan

Agent
Logitech has a very nice one that you can get pretty cheap off of overstock.com (or at least you could.....). And the contoller is very nice, with good range.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I have also had good experiences with the Logitech 2.4 ghz wireless model. Probably the same one as mentioned above @ overstock.com. Very good controller, the d-pad is a big circle rather than a standard pad, a little bit substandard for Street Fighter, but is good for most other games. The left analog stick can be set to digital mode, switching it with the D-pad, so you can use the analog stick where you wouldn't be able to normally. Happy with it. I got mine on clearance @ Walmart for $8, I wish I had bought like 3 of them, but I was too broke. They run about $50 normal retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks