What's new

Wireless controllers for XBox??? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
The recently announced price cut pretty much guarantees I'll be getting the Box soon. My only problem is that I want to place the Box in my A/V rack which is 12-15 feet away from my seating area. Are there any wireless controllers available? If so, how is the performance? If not, are any controllers available with 20 foot cords?

James St

Supporting Actor
Dennis, the Xbox controller comes with a a 9' cord. There is also 6' extension available.
Link Removed
This one only works with the Microsoft brand controller but from what I have read all the 3rd party controllers are crap compared to the MS version.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I have these extension cables and they not only funtion flawlessly with my MS controller but with my MadCatz Control Pad Pro controllers as well .... without any problems .... rumble and all.
Now if I can figure out how the running back for Denver is able to sustain 5-6 diving licks from the Ravens and still run it in for touchdown in NFL 2K2.:angry:

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I've been hitting the madcatz website for a couple of months now to see if they list anything more precise than "May 2002" as a release date for their controller. I bought their PS2 wireless controller a few months ago and I loved it!

So after E3, when can we expect 3rd-party controllers to hit the streets?

Best regards,

~~Nathan

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Yeah...try and shy away from third party controllers. I picked out that Powerpad thing for my Xbox and a few weeks later, the sticks started sticking. Good thing I got it from Walmart and exchanged it for the MS ones.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Nathan_R,

Where was your signature from? Sounds so familiar.

An announcement at E3 should clarify release dates.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Isn't MS rumored to have developed a wireless controller? I'd be really hesitant to buy a non-MS controller - I've usually found 3rd party controllers wanting.

The only exception was the Sharkpad for the N64 - Nintendo's controller just wasn't confortable...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks