Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Real Name
Martin Dew
BenQ has announced a line of smart home projectors powered by Android TV, repackaged versions of the HT3550, TK850 and TH685, with each followed by an “i” in the product identifier. The 4K/HDR capable HT3550i and TK850i, and 1080p/HDR model TH685i, now allow access to content on Google Play and feature multi-platform wireless projection from Android and iOS devices. Users can control both Android TV and the BenQ projector simultaneously, and entertainment can be relayed to the big screen via Airplay or Chromecast from phones and other devices.
The darkroom-primed HT3550i and TK850i (predominantly for brightly-lit environments) provide a 4x pixel shifted 4K image for movies. The TH685i is a high-brightness 1080p HDR gaming projector designed for multiple forms of entertainment, including console and app gaming, in addition to streaming content; it is also compatible with XBOX, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch. Designed to offer kid-friendly content, BenQ smart home projectors include an...
Continue reading...

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Interesting decision on the part of BenQ, adapting current offerings to behave as Smart TV's presumably until they can produce a UST Laser model as their competitors have already done.

Reactions: Martin Dew

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnmurphy1969