What's new

Wireless Bridge or Router (1 Viewer)

Jon_Boehm

Auditioning
Problem: I would like to connect both my TIVO and Playstation to my wireless network. They are both in my stationary in my home entertainment center. Do I need a Wireless $Bridge$ and a multi port hub or can I use a Wireless Router which are dirt cheep?

Bottom line: Can a wireless router use its wireless connection as a WAN/Uplink port?

Jon

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Depends on the router. I know my Apple Airport Base Station and my Netgear wireless router do _NOT_ allow me to configure them as bridges.

Later versions of the Airport base station do allow you to, but I've switched to using the netgear router.

Jon_Boehm

Auditioning
I own an Airport Extreme Basestation and am trying to find a router that will act as the remote accesspoint. Any suggestions? How does one find out if the router is capable of this?

Jon

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
I don't know about a remote access point, but D-Link sells a extender that works well. I think it costs about $80, but I might be wrong. It's been a while since I have looked at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks