What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryfter

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam Stamos
Keeping my fingers crossed here... I'd love an Atmos receiver mainly because I have 2 extra speakers I'd like to put to use but no room/place to mount them other than as height speakers so having a receiver that could take advantage of those placements would be pretty awesome.

Dan-HH

Auditioning
I would love to upgrade my 10+ year old Denon AVR 2802. I've maxed out the digital inputs and have to occasionally move cables around when I want to connect something else.

djc126

Auditioning
Real Name
David
My current Pioneer 49TX is still a great receiver but it would be nice to have 9.2 audio and the extra audio decoders built-in to use with a newer Bluray player. Also, HDMI switching, networking, etc. would be handy to have. Thanks.

cdwinans

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig Winans
I currently have an Onkyo in my system. Unfortunately it doesn't do 4K or 3D or internet or any of the other neat things this one can do. Update me, please.

Craig

SRakaSSS

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean
Hello,

If honored with winning such an incredible piece of amazing hardware, I could future proof my current whole home sound and video system. No more needing to piece meal my home theater setup, this little device could tie it all together.

My current Sonos system will be put to shame as this deice has WiFi, Bluetooth, the ability to control each zone from my smartphone, and stream from network sources! My entire music collection consists of lossless audio and streamed stations from the net; sometimes I wonder what it would be like to go back to records, if I did, this receiver would immerse and surround me in the music. Taking me back to my concert days. Ahh, I can imagine it now, :) . In addition, my 4K TV, which has been under-utilized due to the lack of 4K sources, will now come to life; especially as this 1030 has 4k upscaling.

Enough rambling, please take this as an idea of how many doors of awesomeness this would open for me.

Thanks.

Vance Bass

Auditioning
Real Name
Mr Busyhands
I'm another Onkyo fan who would love to hear this receiver in our new living room. Finally we'll have enough space to set up a proper HT sound environment! Why not add Atmos to the mix?

sam54

Auditioning
Real Name
Chuck Merson
After blowing all my spare change to upgrade to a 4K monitor, I would like to be as kind to my ears as I have been to my eyes. This TX-NR1030 system would gratify my ears with Dolby Atmos, as much as my eyes have been gratified by UHDTV. I don't want to make my cranial nerves jealous of each other. Please help......

Kent Harker

Auditioning
This would be a great addition to my home theater. I would be able to control all of my components with ease and enjoy great sound. :D

Mark Fontana

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I almost never enter contests, but frankly the timing of this upgrade would be perfect, as my 15-year-old Sony 777ES, still a great-sounding receiver, has developed some issues with its "A" outputs and is hobbling along with the "B" outputs permanently selected. I obtained the service manual and after hours of troubleshooting, still haven't been able to find the root cause of the problem. But although the Sony still sounds great for music, lack of HDMI switching has complicated my setup, and lack of 7.1 means I'm not getting the full benefit of newer sound formats that have been out for years. I heard the Onkyo recently at a friend's home and was very impressed.

[email protected]

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Burghart
Started building a home theater project a few years back, got the projector, screen, speakers, and most of the other things started but was waiting for the audio and touchscreen technologies to catch up and also the storage systems. Then I got hurt and have not been able to have extra funds for the completion since I crushed my legs. Did finish my home NAS system and Plex for storage management, not just need a couple more speakers, receiver and then can relax and not dwell on the past or medical bills and escape for a while in a great man cave. Thanks.

PS. if anyone wants to claim BS on this post, here is the newspaper article from the accident http://cjonline.com/news/local/2010-06-07/man_escapes_serious_injury

CareyK

Auditioning
I'm in for the contest because Atmos sounds like it will be awesome. Plus my processor is getting a little old and outdated at this point :)

RussellY

Auditioning
I want to win it because I have a great wife and she deserves to see that I can get a new toy without buying it.

True story. In 2001 I was unemployed for several months and still looking for work. I got a great deal for a 55" rear projection Mitsubishi WS-55711 HDTV. Internet price match from Sears for $2995 vs $4595 in store price. I told my wife this is a great deal and I'm getting this. She says OK. What a wife! Remember I was unemployed and still looking for work. However, she knew I had a Fun Fund that I'd been saving for years. Anytime I did overtime or side work, I saved it into my Fun Fund. So she was cool with it. No argument whatsoever. What a terrific understanding wife! So I'd like to show her I got a great piece of gear for free.

Ironically today I'm still sorta unemployed. I'm retired in Maui!

BuddF

Auditioning
3D sound, enveloping the senses, and immersing ourselves into the world that was created for pure entertainment. Can't think of a reason not to enjoy such an experience :).

wiiman

Auditioning
Real Name
nick jones
Everyone's got a sob story I suppose including myself. Perhaps my life, or rather home theater is incomplete with this receiver. Years ago I had worked in retail and pieced together a fairly nice Polk Audio surround sound with Onkyo receiver. A few years ago a friend still in the business helped me update my speakers to a newer Niles StageFront 6 Ohm PRO2770LCR speakers with matching PRO770FX rears, but they could do better than my Pioneer VSX-9130TXH-K. The shear number of inputs and huge power handling would be amazing for my families movie watching habits, and I would be eternally in your gratitude. But good luck everyone, and congratulations to whoever the lucky winner ends up being.

paries

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
Just about to finish by theater room. have been building on my own for over a year. This would be the perfect upgrade

RickLWright

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
When I bought my last Onkyo, I thought it was the last receiver I would ever need. Silly me. I must have Dolby Atmos, Wifi, Bluetooth!

eddieb187

Auditioning
Real Name
Eddie
Why do I want to upgrade to Dobly Atmos?

I purchased Tranformers: Age of Extinction 3D Blu Ray when it was released.

And just recently bought the John Wick Blu Ray. Awesome movie, by the way.

I was really impressed by the audio on both these titles especially John Wick.

My current setup can only do the Dolby TrueHD 7.1 on these titles and I was blown away.

Now I'm really intrigued and would love to hear what the full Dolby Atmos experience sounds like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks