What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Avie
I attended a demonstration of Atmos at last fall's AFI Film Festival that included a talk by the sound engineers who perfected the system.

After hearing it I no longer want to JUST watch a movie or listen to music, I want to BE in the movie or the concert hall, where only Atmos and Onkyo can put me.

Of course, HTF has the power to put Atmos and Onkyo in my living room...

vballrican

Auditioning
Real Name
Julio
I currently have an older Yamaha receiver with Dolby Surround.. would love the opportunity to experience Dolby Atmos and hear what i've been missing. Have front, rear, and 360 satellite speakers and this receiver would really enhanced the way they sound.

Croweyes1121

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel A. Pulliam
My wife and I would love to have this, but it's not something we could ever afford on our income. Our nights pretty much consist of watching movies at home because it's inexpensive, so we would certainly get use out of this every day. I used to have an Onkyo and loved it and have missed it a lot since finally wearing it out. This would be an amazing addition to our home. Thank you guys for giving all of us a chance to win this great receiver.

Matt McHugh

Auditioning
I'd love to win this receiver to replace my current receiver that is over 10 years old. My wife hates the current setup as we have to use multiple HDMI and Toslink switches to push out to our barely 5.1 system.

We are moving into a new house soon and I have been hoping to replace the system as a housewarming gift for her.

Appreciate the chance to win this.

chromiumman

Auditioning
Real Name
christopher
I would love to win this. I've been using older, hand-me-down parts to try to cobble together something useful. It would be great to be able to have one new device to replace a lot of that. Thanks for the chance.

HighOnTheater

Auditioning
Real Name
Erik
Being a big fan of Onkyo, I used to sell the snot out of this brand MANY years ago at a major retailer. Now as I slowly update my H.T. system this receiver would complete it and complement it nicely with my newer 3D projector. I'd love to entertain others with it!

stefan1

Auditioning
Real Name
stefan avalos
It is my wish, nay dream to go from merely five points of encompassing surround that I currently have to 9. I want more bass capability than the lone single channel of woofiness I currently possess and with two channels coming from two separate areas, my dreams of melting the brains of my guests may come to fruition. Onkyo is the quality name that can help to fulfill this dream.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I finally saw my first film in Atmos -- Mad Max: Fury Road -- and OH MAN DO I WANT THAT IN MY HOUSE.
My pre-amp just packed it in, too, after nearly two decades of service.
Oh! And tomorrow is my 40th birthday.
Good luck to everyone!

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
I am retired and fiscally conservative enough to try to avoid spending more than I bring in. I could probably afford to purchase this if I stretched my budget but then I wouldn't be able to feed my addiction of buying new disks. Besides my two year old plasma (sigh...) needs audio equivalent to it's visual brilliance.

Thanks for the opportunity and congratulations to the eventual winner.

tulco

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
My tired old Sony system is on it's last legs. I could sure use an upgrade. One that works!

Peter Yee

Premium
I could really use a better receiver for the living room -- I bought early and got one that doesn't have many features or HDMI inputs. I hate having to use an HDMI switcher to make things work. The Onkyo would be a perfect replacement with room to expand and the option to add more speakers. Then I'll just push my old receiver to the study and use it to power my PC surround setup!

Real Name
Larry
I purchased an Onkyo receiver a few years ago. It has worked flawlessly. With my kids having more items that require HDMI, I would really like to stop them from swapping cables with the BluRay Player. A new receiver would finally give me the reason to upgrade my speakers.

hiroo

Auditioning
Real Name
Collin
I have a early HDMI receiver from Denon and it's held up quite well but Atmos looks like the first real new thing in quite some time. Would love an upgrade.

ScruffyNSmooth

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
My first home theatre I purchased for surround sound was 1996. I loved hearing that THX sound for the first time. I was thinking that maybe things have improved? I am hoping I could be blessed with an upgrade........ put it this way....... someone born in 1996 can now vote and buy beer........ I am still listening to that same system.

Help?

Jon Kennedy

Auditioning
As a single parent I tend not to spend much money on my "Home Theater" any more.

Prior to having my daughter who is 14 now and a straight A, 8th grader I enjoyed buying Onkyo and higher end sony gear and Polk Home theater speakers.

That was the last time I purchased gear I have used the same receiver for 16 years (1998) Sony ES

My Onkyo tape deck dates back to 1988 and my Onkyo CD Player 1996. My Polk surrounds were also purchased in 1998 along with my Pioneer DVD Player.

What happened was I decided my little girl and her safety and happiness were worth more to me than having new gear, and an HDTV....(Yes my projection sony TV dates back to 1997) I have had custody of my daughter since 2002 and whether I win this Receiver or not I have won as my daughter is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Would I love to win this receiver ..... yes I would.... and it would be appreciated in more ways than a couple sentences can express.

Jack

Agent
Being on a fixed budget, I cannot afford the next new thing. I joined this forum many years ago to try and gain information to maximize my dollar when trying to purchase a decent 5.1 theater system. I have a decent samsung plazma tv, but to truly experience a movie and be transformed away from every day life, and with the high cost of going to the movie theaters, the dolby atmos technology I believe will allow me to feel and hear the movie the way it should be as if I were sitting at the theater - minus the dirty theater seats, folks kicking the back of my seats, phones going off during the movie, and the high cost of popcorn and drinks :) Guess I can have the wife spill some coke on me now and again, or sneeze on the back of my head :eek:.

theaisleseatcom

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy Dursin
I'd love to win this because I want our 1-year-old to grow up not knowing what surround sound was like back in the days of "mere" 5.1 :)

NicolasN

Auditioning
Thanks for opportunity to enter this contest. I'd love to upgrade my theater from the existing 5.1 configuration and enjoy the latest and finest Dolby Atmos surround sound format have to offer.

Good luck everybody.

raynemaeker

Auditioning
Real Name
rich trout
I've been a stereo fanatic since I was 10 and my older brother came home from the Air Force (From Japan) with Hi Fidelity gear in 1960! Gotta chase the best sound whenever it comes out. With reviews from owners who have one like WOW" and "It's like seeing the movie the first time" I'm definitely wanting MY Onkyo!

Attachments

• appreciated.jpg
    appreciated.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks