What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenK

Auditioning
I've had speakers in my ceiling for years, not powered, because my 7.0 theater system didn't know what to do with them. That has now changed. This Onkyo has my name written all over it! And it'll deserve a new set of ceiling speakers to power. Pick me!

Todd Carpenter

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd Carpenter
I want this receiver because I need an excuse to install ceiling speakers and be surrounded by beautiful sound. Plus, my current receiver is way outdated. Please pick me!

djc11369

Agent
Real Name
Darrin
I've installed my ceiling speakers about two months ago and have been saving up for the receiver. Winning this would surely make saving up for it not necessary and I could repurpose what I have for something else I want. Of course I wouldn't tell the wife I won it and still had the money. ;)

mrhifi

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Having had polio at the age of 9 months old I have always been in a wheelchair. Going to the movie theaters is a hassle. That is why I enjoy my home theater system probably more that most people. Atmos would even add more realism to my system and I love the Onkyo sound quality. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope to be a winner.....!!

MRHIFI

1QWK SUV

Auditioning
Real Name
Shawn
My wife has recently been asking if there was any way for us to possibly add more speakers to our current setup. After pondering for several hours I looked up at the ceiling and realized the only thing up there is a ceiling fan! This would provide the necessary space to add the required speakers to take advantage of the TX-NR1030 additional Atmos channels. I quickly called her into the room and asked "what is wrong with our ceiling?". She, having lived with my psychotic Home Theater addiction for more than 11 years, proclaimed, "it looks like there is space up there for at least 4 more speakers!". Please help me satisfy my wife's unending desire for more speakers. Seriously, this has nothing to do with me. She is insatiable!

Thanks!

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I'd like to to upgrade to Dolby Atmos in my home theater because the eight track player in my truck will no longer adequately propel my home theater sound system. It is annoying having to start my truck engine to bring power into the living room and keep everything running smoothly without interruption. While watching "Heaven's Gate" recently we ran out of gas, which shut down our home theater system. An upgrade would be greatly appreciated. I still don't know how the film ended, and I think we are getting carbon monoxide poisoning.

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Well I am really curious about the Atmos effects and having a feeling of being immersed in a movie. Also not being if sound body, the majority of my movie watching is at home and I like having the best sound I could have.

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
After my dog died and my pickup truck broke down all I had to console me with was my old Marantz. Unfortunately when my girl left me she took that with her, so now I'm here just crying in my beer....

In REALITY though, I went back to school 1 1/2 years ago to persue an accounting degree, and am piling up debt like you wouldn't believe. It'll be years before I can afford a new one. I'd love to have an atmos ready receiver, having already wired my living-room for 9.1 as it stands now for use with my Marantz 7008 (though I'm still quite happy with its performance).

Kip Wells

Auditioning
I'd like a chance to win this receiver because my current receiver is a Sony STR-DA4ES, which I've had for over ten years. It's been a faithful receiver to me, but it may be time to finally upgrade to a new receiver whose build quality and sound quality are its equal, since it was next to the highest end Sony ES had available back in the mid 2000s; the STR-DA7ES. A lower end Denon or a lower end Onkyo simply doesn't compare to the build quality and fidelity that my Sony ES has. An Onkyo that's perhaps a hair below their Integra line would be comparable, relatively speaking.;

superbond

Auditioning
Real Name
Butch
Hello
I would love to update / upgrade me loyal and well respected Denon 7.1 receiver. Time to get with the times! Would look forward to tinker,learning and enjoy the new Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver. Let see if they could win me over.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Well, I would like to win because I appreciate being able to see and hear EVERY element of what I'm watching, and I currently don't have an Atmos system so I'm missing that. (I'd like to get D-Box too!) It would be nice to be able to watch my 3D Blu-Ray player without having to switch the TV to a separate input, as my current receiver can't pass the 3D signal.

If I win, I promise to love, cherish and obey it for as long as it shall live. And if it has discrete analog inputs, I will hook my Panasonic Quadraphonic 8-track player to them!

vetteman

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
I have a TX-NR 809 that I purchased several years ago when I bought my 3D HDTV, and the sound still blows me away. My other half is constantly asking me when we are watching something on TV, "What was that sound?" "Honey, did you hear that?" I would really like to blow her away with the TX-NR 1030. Besides, I've been thinking about a 4K UHD TV, so what could be more perfect? I know the receiver I have now could handle a 4K UHD TV, but I will still need it for the 3D HDTV I have now. So, you see everyone, it's not about wanting this receiver, I NEED THIS RECEIVER.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
This is easy. I want to be the only Dolby Atmos theater in my town. I've about 35 movie theaters screens near where I live, and not a single one of them feature Dolby Atmos. Time to bring my little town to 2015!

Darel51

Auditioning
Real Name
Darel51
I have had the same factory-refurbished Kenwood AC-3 receiver powering my all-Vandersteen setup for eighteen years now. I can't fault it, it just keeps plugging along. However, now that I have HD cable and Panny Blu-Ray, and of course HDMI not having been invented when I bought my receiver, I'm kind of having a hard time tracking down all the necessary adapters and listening to everything in TV-powered "virtual surround". Please consider me for this new receiver, and I'll be happy to donate my perfectly functioning Kenwood receiver to the forum! You are welcome to Officespace it for me.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I have been a good person. I love my little home theatre. I would love to upgrade my little home theatre to Dolby Atmos, just as I've upgraded from Dolby Surround to Dolby Pro Logic to Dolby Digital (AC-3 for laserdiscs, a $600 stand-alone decoder in 1997) to Dolby Digital DVD to Dolby True HD HD-DVD to Dolby True HD Blu-Ray, remaining a good person throughout. Thank you.

GregK

Screenwriter
My screening room currently is discrete 7.2 and this would be the prefect excuse to purchase matching overhead speakers. Plus there currently are not any ATMOS capable cinemas in my city. ...I *have* to be able to hear these soundtracks somewhere! ;)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I currently own an Onkyo that supports 7.1. But I need to watch films the way they are meant to be seen and heard (when you're not in the theater). That means OAR, 3D where applicable, and Dolby Atmos! At home!
And at no cost, my wife won't kill me. For the record, we're retired and living on a fixed income, which is why she wouldn't kill me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks