1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Adam Gregorich, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dobson

Dobson Auditioning

Roger Strutton
    Over the years I have managed to keep up with the latest in Audio and would like to continue.

Now I am not a spring chicken and the cost for a new receiver is a bit steep for a pensioner.

I would like to experience Dolby Atmos in my new (old) future.

2. WatsonV

WatsonV Auditioning

Watson Visuwan
    I think it would be nice to finally have a high quality system for a change. I'm sure most can relate when I say that as men, we put our family'a needs ahead of our own and when those needs are met, there's seldom anything left for ourselves. I never complain, but alot of times in the back of my mind, I feel like getting spoiled too. Don't get me wrong, as impressive as the Onkyo TX-NR1030 is, it can never be a substitute for my wife or children's love, but it would really be fun to know first hand if what I am saying is true or not... From what I am told, this Onkyo may give my family's love for me a run for the money. Lol

3. linipuppy

linipuppy Auditioning

Frank Garcia
    As buying a new reliever is out of my budget for quite some time the chance to win one is extraordinary, I've owned 2 Onkyo receivers and would very much love to own this as a new third.

4. alee

alee Auditioning

Andrew
    I want to upgrade to Dolby Atmos, because I'd love to have a better surround sound system.

5. Ngayu

Ngayu Auditioning

After over 7 years without an AVR upgrade, my plans for a new Onkyo last Christmas were scuppered by circumstances (new baby, new financial priorities...). Would love the chance to get my hands on this machine, and I'm sure my daughter would love it too. (Though my wife might not...)

6. Decibel

Decibel Auditioning

Kieran Clarke
    I would love to finally appreciate my movie collection with the audio track sounding as God intended - sound in full 3D as it was supposed to be enjoyed.

7. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

My bare ceiling is jealous of the hardware on my walls. The Onkyo would give me a reason to dress them up.

Thanks!

8. marcuslaw

marcuslaw Rabid 3-D Aficionado

Anthony
    I want an ATMOS capable receiver like the TX-NR1030 because I have always felt there was something a bit artificial with the surround sound during movies played in our family room. I have been fortunate to hear Atmos in a demo theater room in at the theater and immediately took notice of the improvement; adding the ability to individually address all, or at least more, of the speakers in a room for a much more seamless surround effect. It helps that I've even convinced my wife of the need to install height and ceiling speakers! Thanks for the opportunity to win this Onkyo.

9. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

I currently have a Onkyo TX-NR807 and am just waiting for the HDMI board to fail. I really like the features and sound of these Onkyo receivers. While I would love to own this receiver, it would not be for me.

My father has been recently diagnosed with macular degeneration in one eye. He can no longer appreciate the video aspect of home theater as well. I have been planning to greatly improve upon his two channel audio system he currently uses with watching TV. What a cool way to start-Dolby Atmos for an uplift in his theater experience!

10. Bob Bartlett

Bob Bartlett Stunt Coordinator

I would love to win this receiver! I have not upgraded for a long time. I currently have an older model pioneer that doesn't even handle 3d. To win this receiver I could finally have the newest and greatest technology. It would give me an excuse to buy more speakers.

11. Ken Jones

Ken Jones Auditioning

Ken Jones
    Have been shopping for multiple HDMI output unit and this looks like it would be perfect.

12. Tazman50

Tazman50 Auditioning

Terence Gilchrist
    I would like to upgrade to Dolby Atmos because I visited Best Buy Magnolia Theater room in Raleigh, NC and was able to listen to a Dolby Atmos system. I was amazed at how the overhead speakers just engulfed me into the soundtrack of the movie. The whole experience was phenomenal.

13. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I'd love to have an excellent system like this. I'm still stuck with my old Yamaha 5.1 receiver which is 10 years old now. I'd love to upgrade but times have been tough economically for me for the past 6 years and I just cannot afford to do so without compromising my savings. :(

14. Wirenut

Wirenut Auditioning

Roger G
    Would Love to Win This Thing! Been Drooling over it since I first heard of Atmos!

Simply put, I can't afford this right now and the Kids are Movie Junkies as much as I Am.

15. Dave Johnson

Dave Johnson Stunt Coordinator

Of course I want to upgrade to he Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver, I am constantly in search of the best audio. Good luck all.

16. lego2304

lego2304 Auditioning

Fran
    I just gotta have the latest and greatest. I always seem to be a model behind when I upgrade. Time to change that!

17. saga286

saga286 Auditioning

Patrick
    I have been using a Pioneer VSX-1021 for quite some time. It's not doing so well, some the settings do not work correctly anymore, and it shuts off on its own sometimes. It is time for a replacement and this would be the perfect receiver. This Onkyo has preouts, which I can you use with an amp to power my newly acquired old Cerwin Vegas.

18. stackini

stackini Auditioning

Matthew STACK
    This would make a fantastic wedding present for us....however I'm sure the wife to-be wouldn't agree.

19. Tim Winders

Tim Winders Auditioning

Tim Winders
    My amp died a few months ago and I've been using my old 5.1 AV receiver. The TX-NR1030 would bring me back to the sound I miss so dearly!

20. PhoebeAnn

PhoebeAnn Auditioning

Michael
    Why not? I think I've got the world's smallest home theater (about 6' x 8'); this would be a real test of Atmos to see if I could close my eyes and think I was in a much larger space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.