What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Wilmington DE area posters.... (1 Viewer)

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
What happened to Digitainment?

I went there today, and it's gone. I know Paul was having some health issues, but the business *seemed* to be doing ok.

Did it move locations, or is it gone for good??

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Joe:

Are you serious! I've been a fan of Paul & Digitainment since day 1. Have not been in there for over a month (travel & vacation), but this is very sad news indeed. website is gone as well. I can only guess that video rental maga-chains killed him. Thats really sad. Paul had the vision, while BBV & others dragged their feet all the way. Now the chains have no choice but to go full blast into DVD and Paul pays the price.

Another factor is likely NetFlix east coast operations. Several friends of mine are sold on this & say turnaround is now 2 days.

let me know if you find out more.

UPDATE --- I got this email from Paul on 11-May:
Hello Everyone:

It is with much sadness that I must inform you of our store's closing on May 10. We have been open 5 1/2 years, and in that time I have made many friends and developed valuable relationships with so many of you. I have truly enjoyed my time spent running Digitainment. Thank you so much for your business and friendship.
Since my stroke last year, we had fallen behind with our rent payments. This past January we came to a repayment agreement with Independence Mall. It has been very difficult for us, but we have done our very best to stick to the agreement. Last week the Mall told us they were unwilling to give us beyond Monday to pay this month's rent. We had no choice but to close our doors.
Any of you who had pre-paid for rentals on your account, pre-paid for an order, and/or purchased a recent gift certificate from us, please be patient and you will hear from us. Anyone who has a current rental out, please hold on to it and we will contact you.
The decision to close Digitainment has been one of the saddest points in my life. I hope you have had a positive experience with us, and I apologize for not being able to tell you goodbye in person.
Michael, Rob, Dave, Gerard and I wish everyone the best. If ever I am back in the DVD business (or whatever format we are all using by then), I do hope you will give me another try.
Take care, and please feel free to email me if you wish.

Have Fun,
Paul

Scott Dautel
Hockessin, DE

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Man, that's depressing!!!

I wish Paul would have said something, I would have been glad to contribute some cash (as I'm sure others would have), if it would have helped keep things going.

That was a great store, and it willl be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks